facebook

rounds of sorority recruitment

by: pnm

As someone who is rushing next year I was wondering what the different rounds of recruitment are. Like what they are called and what you do on those days.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Advice   

Make sure you go to the info session on the first day of recruitment and they'll give you all the details, and if you can make it try to go to the Greek expo or visit the Greek tables at the activities expo. Most of the info on this website is inaccurate or biased but I'll tell you what I can to help out. The first day is philanthropy day. Wear a nice but casual outfit (nice jeans, fabric shorts, etc) and expect to talk to a few girls at each house for a few minutes each. They'll sit you down and rotate so you won't have to move. You might be paired with another pnm for these conversations so make sure to be polite and let her talk but also get in your own answers. Be friendly, smile a lot, and try to stand out. Make sure to mention things like good grades, strong values, etc that would make the sororities want you back. After this day you'll put your top five choices on a computer and you'll get asked back to houses the next day. It's a mutual selection process so you might go back to all your houses or might go back to some that you dropped, or might only go back to 3 or 4 instead of 5.

The second day the parties are a bit longer and you'll have longer conversations with the girls. The attire is still pretty casual but each day gets a bit dressier. Again be positive and make sure to ask questions to get a feel for the houses. Your Rho gamma gives you your schedule each day and there's busses and plenty of people to help you get to each house.

By: Advice

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.