facebook

future pnm's

by: hi

Here is something to think about. While each pnm is assessing the sororities, the sororities are assessing them. They all have extremely limited time to actually get to know each other. When you think about it, it's all based on connections and first impressions. Sooo.... my point is, very few Frosh actually really know who they are joining, and very few sisters actually know who they are getting! Everyone makes the most of it, and find a common denominator once they join. BUT in my opinion, while each sorority has their own "vibe", there is still a mixture in each sorority. If you ask me, there are lots of quality girls in each sorority that could be interchangeable, be happy and fit in. Especially in the top 3 (they have so much in common and are all really competitive, , beautiful, successful girls for the most part). Guys on the other hand have the luxury of knowing what they are getting into as they hang out all fall. Fraternities know who they want, and what they are getting, for the most part. Girls don't get to do that do that all end up taking a bit of a gamble, but it does almost work out for everyone.

Posted By: hi
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: actually   

You made a little bit of sense until you said "especially the top 3". Top three houses are going to be different for every girl, and every PNM. Stop trying to act like there's some actual "top 3" because things change drastically from semester to semester and year to year. It also depends on what criteria is used. My personal top 3 I guarantee is different than yours. Being with a bunch of girls who are rich materialistic snobs is not a priority to me, but being with smart outgoing friendly girls is more important. Plus, with the recent shake-up of the new ranking based on GPA girls like you are going to have to re-evaluate.

By: actually
#2  by: The Truth   

The only difference in the houses is location and amount of girls given bids because of who they know. Don't even worry about that. Personally I would never want to be in a house that I was only in to fill numbers. I know girls that happened to and they are treated like outsiders. The cliques in some houses are TIGHT and girls will not want to make new friends. Like why would they when they are happy with their high school friends.

By: The Truth
#3  by: above   

what a lot of complaining about houses you're apparently not even members of... Why do you care so much? The real top 3 (XO, GPB, KAT) know exactly who they are getting because they pretty much already know the girls. I'm glad your house worked out for you, but you need to just sit and enjoy it instead of spending your summer on greekrank complaining about other houses.

By: above
by: Lol Jun 20, 2015 2:22:56 AM

lol the "real" top 3? I hope you're joking. Since when is GPhi a top house? Did you even see their GPA? They are for the most part unpopular except for one or two frats. The only one who ever complains on Greek Rank is you honey.

By: Lol
#4  by: bid day   

Not true. Certain houses (and we all know who they are) know exactly who they are getting even before rush starts. They've gone over the apps and picked out their friends. There are no surprises on bid day for these houses

By: bid day
#5  by: Ummm   

This comment was copied from Miami University in Ohio where my sister goes to school.... It applies there as rush is second semester, and any formal interaction between sororities and freshmen first semester is considered "dirty rushing". They actually don't get to know each other that well as rush is a weekend or two during the school year when they have classes and homework too. Very different from here. They very definitely have a top 3, and they are nearly impossible to get into. Why someone would copy a comment from another school is beyond ridiculous.

By: Ummm
#6  by: Thief   

Yes this accurately applies to miami university ohio, the thread you stole it from, but not kansas you fool. They don't rush like we do. They rush second semester during the school week, with all sorority contact forbidden prior to rush. Cool though..

By: Thief
#7  by: Plagiarism   

I wrote this regarding my own school, not Kansas. Not sure why you reposted word for word, It's accurate as far as I'm concerned. My siblings all go here, but I go to school in ohio. Why oh Why would you plagiarize my post? This is really strange seeing my post stolen verbatim... It does apply to my school, not yours. At my school girls rush is such a different experience from the boys. Girls in Ohio are not allowed to congregate prior to rush... It's called dirty rushing. Boys spend all first semester getting to know one another.

By: Plagiarism

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.