facebook

why is tke falling so fast?

by: Pledge

Last semester they seemed poised to be one of the best fraternities on campus. Now, they are becoming incredibly irrelevant and I have no clue as to why.

Posted By: Pledge
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: IMO   

Recruitment has been the issue. They have been aiming for quantity instead of quality.

By: IMO
#2  by: here's why   

TKE's recruitment is by far one of the worst. They dont really care about the quality of guys and they're not consistent at all. Their brotherhood is all guys who look like they struggled socializing in high school. Not to mention that they give bids to Indian and middle eastern students who didn't get accepted anywhere else just so they can increase numbers.

This fraternity sucks because it really doesnt take much to become a TKE at Virginia Tech. Their pledge process is a joke. I know for a fact that even the bottom tier fraternities view TKE as pathetic.

Unless you're a good looking rich pretty boy you're not getting a bid to Sigma Chi

Unless you played a lot of sports in high school and acts like an alpha you wont get a bid to Pike

Unless you're a neat white kid who is trying to become a campus leader you wont get into Fiji

Unless you look like you can make it through 8 weeks of hell week you wont get into lambda chi

as for TKE, all it takes for anyone to join is to go to one or two rush events and you will definitely get a bid.

By: here's why
by: savageDec 2, 2015 1:49:27 AM

^hahah this dude is a savage

By: savage
#3  by: Because   

A fraternity that grew that fast will collapse even faster

By: Because
#4  by: Hmm   

I dont think they were eve close to being one of the best. I think its safe to say they're right in the middle

By: Hmm
#5  by: seriously   

Because no one wants to join a fraternity thats not exclusive. They dont mix with top sororities. the best they can do is probably SK and they're not even attractive.

By: seriously
by: SweetheartsDec 10, 2015 6:23:23 PM

Most of their sweethearts are top tier... Just sayin

By: Sweethearts
by: lol Dec 10, 2015 8:59:34 PM

not hot doe

By: lol
#6  by: sorry   

but their brothers are just not attractive.

By: sorry
#7  by: @   

If they were the only choices, would you rather join TKE or SigEp?

By: @
by: jDec 10, 2015 10:29:58 AM

Why would they be your only choices. Have you considered rushing Phi Tau? We are America's fraternity :)

By: j
#8  by: Hmm   

Their sweethearts are the kind of girls who cant get any attention from top tier guys so they have to resort to getting attention from guys with lower standards in TKE. They're like the leftovers of A-phi that nobody wants. Kind of harsh to say but its the truth.

By: Hmm
#9  by: DG   

I heard that all of them are brown and don't speak english. I went to a social and they legit had a translator standing outside and following everyone around so we could understand what their brothers were saying. they only served 40's and wine coolers because they thought we were going to puke and die if we drank liquor. they also stopped the party in the middle of the night and started playing hackeysack. girls werent even allowed to join in on their "sack night". we all left very sober and disapointed. I just really wish they spoke english. they also have 9000 brothers

By: DG
by: savageDec 13, 2015 8:23:50 PM

hahahahah this is the greatest post ever

By: savage
#10  by: but really though   

their sweethearts really are the leftovers of their sororities

By: but really though

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.