facebook

Sorority Rush Questions

by:    

Hi y’all! I’m a transfer student who’s coming to Berkeley in the fall and can’t wait for rush! I have a couple of questions: 1. What type of events will be virtual vs in-person in the fall? 2. What is Cal’s rush experience like? 3. Are there any GPA requirements for rushing? My transfer GPA isn’t very good and I’m concerned I could get dropped from houses because of it (for the record it’s low due to medical problems I’ve faced while at CC.)

Posted By: transferbear
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No one knows what the pattern for Rush will be yet. Some national groups have a grade requirement but if you get into Cal you met or exceeded it. Makes me wonder if you really are a Cal transfer. No one coming to Cal has bad grades.

By: ?
#2by:    

No decisions have been published yet about rush but it’s definitely not gonna be in person. Likely either cob or all virtual. Rush is super fun and not as crazy as other schools but the days are just long and you’re socializing with girls for hours on end

By: Phc
#3by:    

Not sure how you got in here if your grades aren't good? Grades are impt. so depending on your GPA you might be excluded by some houses. Recruitment for 2nd years is IMO even more challenging than 1st years as there are fewer spots available. Suggest that you keep an open mind and meet as many people as you can and realize going into the process that your options will be limited.

By: meg
#4by:    

If your white you have nothing to worry about, extra points for blonde hair

By: The truth
#5by:    

Hello! I’ve been informed by my friend in our house’s recruitment committee that PHC is leaning towards continuous open bidding for all of fall. I dont know if this is completely substituting Fall Primary Recruitment or if primary is being moved to spring, but from an internal perspective it seems houses are being tasked to put a virtual spin on traditional recruitment!

By: Srat

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.