facebook

rush

by: Candy

Just finished rush and it was not the best week. By the end of the week I was going to lots of parties but not the sororities I liked. Day by day I was cut from the ones I liked and yes the so-called top tier. But the system and computer forces you to maximize the invitations if you have open slots even if you don't care for those sororities. My Pi Chi kept encouraging me to keep going and trust in the system. I continued and went to 3 pref parties but I only felt comfortable in one. Again I was told not to suicide and maximize my chances. I did not get the one I liked and now I'm in a group I don't feel is right for me. Again I'm being told to give it a chance but why? This group is not for me and I think I will need to drop out. For those of you that want to tell me to try, did you get your choice? As nice as these girls may be, I don't think they are like me and I find myself in a bad situation. This was supposed to be a happy day but it's awful

Posted By: Candy
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 3
#21  by: Candy   

I am back on to say I was wrong. When I posted I was disappointed and probably somewhat shocked by the whole process and feeling a little strange in that I wasn't emotionally connected to the sorority. But I stayed and have met lots of nice girls. I am grateful and I feel bad that I even posted but my feelings were raw. I'm sorry that I created such bad feelings; it was not my intention. The whole rush thing was an experience I was not prepared for.

By: Candy
by: @CandySep 11, 2013 2:01:42 AM

sadly, most girls aren't truly prepared. I wish there was better preparation in place for all these girls. You are no different than most girls so don't feel bad. So glad things have turned for the better for you!! Hang in there!

By: @Candy
by: What a twist!Sep 11, 2013 10:51:41 AM

Glad it worked out in the end, the first couple of posts certainly didn't breed much good will, but at least you managed to get past it.

By: What a twist!
by: Been thereSep 11, 2013 1:10:41 PM

You show a lot of maturity and growth. Nobody ever need know that you vented your hurt feelings on here. I am sure you weren't the only NM feeling that way. Sorority recruitment is brutal. But, good for you for taking a deep breath and moving forward. Enjoy your new sisters and your time at Auburn.

By: Been there
#22  by: Been there   

Also, get to know your new sisters. I am sure there are plenty of girls who were Miss Whatever, Homecoming Queen, SGA president, valdictorian, captain of their athletic team, cheerleader, etc. in high school. There are plenty of girls in 'top tier' sororities who aren't nearly as accomplished, but went to high school in Birmingham or wherever and had connections. That attitude isn't going to change, but you don't have to listen to it.

By: Been there

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.