facebook

um

by: ?

I rushed and got into my second choice sorority. I've tried so hard to give it a chance, but I can only see myself in my first choice sorority. How bad would it be to drop out a week before initiation, and rush again next year?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: whatever   

whatever sorority you are in, you really should make the best of it. The chances of getting your first choice later aren't that good.

By: whatever
#2  by: advice   

It might be too late now, but this goes as a word of caution to LMU ladies for future years:

When I was a freshman I rushed, and on pref I got invited back to both my first- and last- choice sororities. Tons of pressure, right? I got a bid from my last-choice sorority and was crushed, but followed everyone's advice and tried to "make the most of it".

Throughout the semester, I lied to myself, trying to convince myself that I was having a good time. In reality I was miserable and just didn't "click" with my sisters. When we hung out, I (and other girls, too) relied on alcohol to try to make the social aspect of it more enjoyable. Newsflash: sisters should NOT need alcohol to tolerate each other. That sorority just wasn't where I belonged and I knew it deep down since rush. Eventually I got initiated, still hoping that it would work out. BAD DECISION. 2 semesters later I dropped. Having already been initiated into a chapter, I could no longer join any other sororities.

Looking back, I wish I had followed my heart and declined my bid in the hope of later joining my top-choice sorority, a service org, or another organization. I would have been much happier. The moral of the story? Trust your gut instinct!

By: advice
by: $Apr 6, 2014 10:21:08 PM

I hear ya, but the reality is that if your "first choice" dumped you as a freshman, they probably wouldn't have taken you as a sophomore. I'm not trying to be harsh, but it is true.

By: $
#3  by: Chances are   

This late in the game everyone knows you as an X girl.
The other house will probably avoid using a bid on you since you have a history of not seeing things thru.

If you first choice has room and opens up COB then you might have a shot.

By: Chances are

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.