facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Richmond - UR General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 3
#11  by: Truth   

Only real fraternities: sig chi, KA, theta chi, SAE.. No particular order. Those all haze, the remaining fraternities / clubs ( SPE, lambda) don't haze and have no respect.

By: Truth
by: HahahaJul 15, 2014 9:53:05 AM

I guess SAE is a real fraternity then

By: Hahaha
#12  by: Spider   

DKE is the only fraternity party that I stumbled into and everyone was welcoming. I met some of the guys who were all happy to meet me and make me feel welcome. I'm going back this weekend.

By: Spider
by: sickNov 3, 2013 4:17:46 PM

hmu i want to come

By: sick
by: AquaNov 11, 2013 7:19:08 AM

when Is DKE gonna get a lodge?

By: Aqua
#13  by: noname   

It's really not possible to rank the frats here... especially after how abnormal this past semester was, everything's just totally up in the air for the future. That being said, here's a little about the fraternities that I know about. Perspective from a sophomore girl.

(No order- alphabetical to be fair)

- KA: Don't know the guys all that well, but from the few parties I've been to, I think that they alll are really nice and chill guys. Parties are fun, not the best though

- Lambda Chi: Really fun lodges. Nice brothers, some are rather odd tho haha

- SAE: Hot guys, great parties, kicked off campus. Questionable future, but for now, still a great place to hang out.

- Sigma Chi: Awesome guys. Really hot. Love hanging out there. There is a little bit of an "we're better than the rest" persona that they give off though. Still, great guys and great fun

- SPE: Can't exactly pledge since theyre the mother alpha chapter. Questionable senior class, but the rest are some of the nicest kids I've ever met. While they got in some trouble this semester, they plan on picking it back up in the spring. Considering last year's pledge class, I think they are going to do really well in rush this year

By: noname
#14  by: McNaulty   

Because of its most recent pledge class, its looks like Lambda is has officially moved and became the top fraternity this semester. Future is looking bright for them and they deserve it to.

By: McNaulty
#15  by: Mits   

I think Lambda has been criminally underrated in this thread. The have great guys and great girls show up to their parties. Besides that what else is there to want?

By: Mits
by: Vladimir Feb 16, 2014 1:13:55 PM

Lambda is a group of GDIs who put three letters on their chest. Universally known across campus as the Joke of Greek life.

By: Vladimir
by: PieFeb 16, 2014 1:53:57 PM

Depends on who you talk to, Lambda has a different vibe than most of the other fraternities and a lot of people like that about them. I'm friends with some Lambdas and they don't throw huge ragers or hang out with the hottest sorority but it's not like anyone has anything bad to say about them. They also have gotten better in the last two years so it makes sense that upperclassmen might still see them as they were a couple years ago

By: Pie
#16  by: kps   

Prediction a few years from now based on recent rush classes:
1. Sig Chi/SAE
2. SPE/LXA
3. DKE
4. KA/Theta Chi

By: kps
by: JoonyaMar 27, 2014 9:55:32 PM

Idk about DKE being up there due to the fact they are underground...

By: Joonya
by: nhgaApr 1, 2014 12:04:44 PM

i think that was just a way to show how ka and theta chi are going downhill

By: nhga
by: SparkyJun 7, 2014 1:25:34 PM

How is Theta Chi going down when most of their Freshman and Sophomore class is well liked? Also, there is no way Lambda will ever be middle tier if they continue to be so weird and nerdy. Least fratty frat I've ever come across

By: Sparky
#17  by: what   

Also isn't SAE close to getting kicked off in the future?

By: what
#18  by: JuniUR   

I will try and enlighten people on my unbiased rankings.

For Fraternities
Sig Chi/SAE (SAE has been having trouble with the administration in the past but should be good for now. Athletes love SAE. Sig Chi has a great brotherhood and know how to party. Definitely a lot of fun to be around)
SPE/Theta Chi. (SPE has a larger following for freshman and sophomores but there aren't a lot of male greeks that respect SPE and their pledging process. Theta Chi got a good pledge class and the Freshman and sophomores are well liked. They are on the rise from last year.)
LXA/KA (LXA has an interesting combinations. Known as the nerdy fraternity but have some nice kids. Don't have a strong brotherhood though. KA has been declining recently. Their president got arrested in Myrtle Beach as well. Some solid kids but their presence has been declining.)

DKE is a completely unique fraternity, in that it doesn't have a lodge. It can throw some killer apartment parties but for it to compete against the fraternities on campus, it is going to have to come out from "underground."

By: JuniUR
by: yupJun 23, 2014 7:27:09 PM

this is fair from what I've seen

By: yup
by: HazURJun 23, 2014 7:35:29 PM

Whats the point of mentioning SPE's lack of pledging without saying the same for Theta Chi and Lamda. IDK about DKE tho

By: HazUR
by: McGruberJun 23, 2014 11:17:06 PM

This was written by a theta chi.

By: McGruber
by: SAEJul 15, 2014 9:55:11 AM

Don't forget to include us! We can't pledge either.

By: SAE
by: re hazURJul 18, 2014 10:59:04 AM

Fraternities that haze,
Sig Chi, KA, Theta Chi and DKE
SAE did but not too sure about the future of pledging with nationals ruling.

Fraternities that don't haze,
LXA and SPE

By: re hazUR
#19  by: aml   

SAE/Sig Chi

KA/TC/Deke

Spe/Lambda

By: aml
by: whobartJul 9, 2014 9:25:40 PM

it means nothing if you dont explain why you are ranking them the way you are

By: whobart
#20  by: Yoooo   

Rankings really depend on what you are looking for. Based of my experiences,
Sig Chi is top, then after I would put SAE, Theta Chi and SPE at the next level. Only reason that SAE is down here is because they have dry on campus parties but off campus and downtowns they are really great! SPE doesn't pledge and that is why they are here. And Theta Chi is here because they do not have respect from others still but throw great parties both on and off campus.
Lower fraternities are LXA and KA. KA is just slow but they have a fun time. Really unathletic though. Lambda Chi attracts a different crowd and really cannot compete against any of the other fraternities. Definitely the "nerds" fraternity.

By: Yoooo
by: ur a queefOct 9, 2014 9:40:52 PM

do only theta chi's use this anymore?

By: ur a queef

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.