facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Richmond - UR General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: aquaman9000   

where's dke? st. patricks day party was sick.

By: aquaman9000
#2  by: Truth Teller   

1.KA
2.Sigma Chi
3.SAE
4.Theta Chi
5.DKE
6.LXA
7.Alpha Phi Alpha
8.SPE

By: Truth Teller
#3  by: 1901   

Way to self rank

1.SPE
1.SPE
1.SPE
1.SPE
2.Sigma Chi
3.SAE
4.Theta Chi
5.DKE
6.LXA
7.Alpha Phi Alpha
8.KA

By: 1901
#4  by: Sarah_92   

1. Sig chi - they're the most tight knit group. Awesome parties
2. SAE- bros from the north. Very hot in my opinion
3. SPE- hate to say it but they do get the girls so I have to give it to them. Kinda too crazy for me
4. Theta chi- down to earth smart guys and hot pledge class but still new and not well known
5. KA- I just don't like this fraternity at all. But they're still up there and im trying to be objective
6. LXA- they do their own thing. Nice guys. Fun parties.
7. DKE- I think they're creepy from a girls prospective. Not even on campus. Seem immature
8. AKA- no one knows anything about AKA

Kappa sig doesn't exist anymore but I would have put them 5

By: Sarah_92
#5  by: Richmond   

I'd say that since Kappa Sig got their charter revoked, some of the rankings have shifted a little bit. In addition, some good frats god bad pledge classes and some bad frats got good pledge classes which definitely has caused some things to move around a little bit.

Top Tier: Sig Chi, SAE, Sig Ep (just broke into the top tier this year)

Middle Tier: LXA (got a good pledge class that has moved them up),KA (a lot of people don't like their 2013 pledge class but definitely still middle tier)

Bottom Tier: Theta Chi (slow to start but I think they will be improving), DKE (starting to gain momentum with their campus presence)

By: Richmond
by: yupDec 19, 2013 1:39:15 PM

This is pretty accurate and up to date description. Just to note that DKE is not on campus aka not recognized by the university.

By: yup
#6  by: Richmond Frats   

Top Tier

Sig Ep: Mother Alpha chapter with a lot of history. Really starting to dominate the social scene along with other top tiers. Nickname SPEta was coined this year with growing connection with theta girls. Best looking fraternity too along with Sig Chi.

Sig Chi: Pretty chill fraternity with a solid group of guys. Throw pretty good parties but a lot run in random off campus houses.

SAE: Probably the douchiest chapter with good parties but guys you wouldn't really want to hang with during the day. Hang out with kappa a lot.

Middle Tier

KA: Not the greatest parties but still a close-knit group of guys. A lot of them tried to rush Sig Ep but settled here after they were dropped during rush.

Kappa Sig: Had some trouble with campus and nationals this past year. Not sure if they're back on campus but their parties aren't bad and have some decent guys.

Low Tier

Lamba Chi: Not really dominant in the social scene. Decent group of guys but known to be pretty nerdy.

Theta Chi: Never been to one of their parties and really unknown on campus. Also known as pretty nerdy.

DKE: Least known on campus. They're underground right now and have some pretty weird guys.

By: Richmond Frats
#7  by: richmund   

SPE is on its way up this coming year. Especially with some of the HOT boys in their 2013 pc

I have bets on the fact that after rush 2nd semester that the top 3 rankings will be

1. sigma chi
2. spe
3. sae

By: richmund
#8  by: hannah   

1. sig chi
2. sae -very preppy
3.spe -popular but most people's least favorite
4. theta chi - up and coming for sure
5. lxa/ka - ka really sucks lately
6. dke

By: hannah
#9  by: Senior   

1 - sae: between sae and sig chi it's hard to tell. Sae just does it right and you can't argue with that. A real fraternity.
2 - sig chi: could easily be at the top. Probably more athletic than sae
3 - spe: declining fast. It feels like high school there to me now
4 - theta chi: I'll be gone by this time, but I hope they pass spe because people like them better.
5 - lambda: they have their own niche covered. Very nice kids but they'll never really move up
6 - KA: from a student who's been here for four years I've seen the rise and fall of this fraternity
7 - everyone else

By: Senior
#10  by: Skywalker Baller   

Let me spit some knowledge to all you GDIs and give you the real ranking from someone who is actually apart of a frat

1. SigEp- Taking over campus by storm. Have not lost an IM game all year and only Alpha Chapter on campus. Offer the best combination of academics, athletics, brotherhood and traditions. Definitely the most powerful and prestigious frat at UofR. Best Pig Roast and beach week out of all the frats.
2. Sigma Chi- They Very close to SigEp. Good athletes and mostly chill brothers. Have good parties.
3.Theta Chi- Was skeptical at first but they are rising.
4.KA- They are southern dudes but least athletic fraternity by a mile.
5.DKE-Have some cool dudes if they had a lodge they would be good. Have surprisingly some good athletes and do well in IMs.
6.Lambda- Joke of greek life and full of non factors
7. SAE- They aren't allowed the throw any parties anymore and are about to get kicked off campus. If I were a freshmen I wouldnt join a frat that is about to no longer exist

By: Skywalker Baller
by: SPE is for me!Oct 13, 2013 7:00:14 PM

I heard theta chi gave a spring 2013 bid to a 2012 graduate who was in town visiting.

By: SPE is for me!
by: no nameOct 24, 2013 4:25:01 AM

Hahaha don't kid yourself bud. A real fraternity pledges.
1. SAE or Sigma Chi
2. Everyone else
3. SPE

By: no name

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.