facebook

rush

by: uri

hi, I just transferred here, I am a freshman. I am super confused about spring rush. my friends who are already in sororities here told me about fall but spring seems completely different. Do the sororities keep inviting you back or do you just go? someone explain please!

Posted By: uri
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: easy   

Okay fall is formal rush. Whereas spring rush is informal.
During the fall, you pay 20$ to rush and you get a tshirt, there are number of rounds. Round 1, you go to EVERY sorority and you MUST go to all or you'd be dropped out. At the end of the day you go to memorial union, you pick your top few, and bottom 2. It's a mutual agreement, so if they wanted you back as well and you did too.. then the next day... you will get your schedule of the houses that invited you back. Then the following day you follow your schedule.. and repeat the same top few bottom two. Until Pref night, where you will only get asked back to max. 2 houses! You go to 1 or 2 houses, depending how many wanted you back.. and you pick the house you want. Now the house you want may not guarantee you a bid, so the next few days later.. (bids day) thats when its the big reveal!!! An advantage of fall is that, you get to see every house and meet everyone that is offered on campus, and there is a better chance of getting into a house since they need more girls

Spring: Only a some houses who need to meet their quota participates. It's free. And there are a limited number of spots, therefore making it a bit more competitive. first two rounds are about an hour each.. and on different days, you meet the sisters, blahblahblah and you dont need any invitation. And then the third night, its basically "bids night" where it's invite only. So if you won them over the first two nights, they will invite you back

By: easy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.