facebook

sorority comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Iowa - UI General Sorority Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 10
#41  by: To PNM   

Junior is pushing it. Sophomore usually isnt a problem. I have a few sophomores in my pledge class.

By: To PNM
#42  by: TFTC   

This website is garbage, fraternities and sororities self rank so hard. This doesn't even have the top 3 houses on it (Chi O, G Phi, A Phi)

By: TFTC
#43  by: iowa   

rating

chi o/ theta
g phi/ a phi
pi phi/ kappa
zeta/ dg/ tri delt
adpi/axo
azd/ dz
aephi

By: iowa
#44  by: UI   

this WHOLE website is self ranked. its a joke. people shouldnt believe whats on here. both positive and negative comments can be false. its a shame how catty some people can be,

By: UI
#45  by: breakdown   

middle tier
zeta tau alpha: they lost about half their chapter last year during membership review and can never really seem to behave themselves. they used to be known for partying hard, but now they can't even have socials with fraternities which should make recruitment in the fall an uphill battle. very involved in philanthropies though.
alpha chi omega: have really improved a lot in the last couple years in terms of recruitment and easily have the nicest sorority house on campus. their Mr. AXO philanthropy is always a big success, too
pi beta phi: oldest sorority on campus, but they go by unnoticed a lot. they drink a lot and dont do much else. but they have a lot of cute sociable girls and social with decent mid tier frats like sigma pi and sigma nu.
delta gamma: very grounded and down to earth girls. a good mix of scholarly girls and crazy partiers that keep the house balanced. their house is really far from campus though, and they only ever seem to social with one or two frats.

By: breakdown
#46  by: breakdown   

upper mid tier
alpha phi: this chapter consistently shines during recruitment, and i've known several girls that would kill to get a bid from aphi. a lot of girls just suicide them during recruitment. the girls are very nice, and a well respected chapter but i wouldn't necessarily consider them a top house. for better or for worse they dont really consider themselves better than anybody, which could be good or bad, but definitely sets them apart from top houses like chi o and kappa
gamma phi beta: a very strong chapter at iowa, but they dont quite have the social presence or prestige of some of the top tier sororities. their house is kind of dumpy as well.
tri delta: say what you will about their reputation, i have never heard of a fraternity that doesn't enjoy partying with them and they consistently are in the top 3 for grades. a very good sorority at iowa, regardless of their stigma

By: breakdown
#47  by: rankings   

top tier
no order XO/Pi Phi/APhi
middle tier
no order DG/Theta/Tri-Delt/Kappa/
the rest

By: rankings
#48  by: REAL RANK   

okay this is the REAL rank:
AZD
DZ
ZTA
DDD
GPhi
AXO
ADPi
APhi
DG
XO
Pi Phi
KKG
Theta
AEPhi (they dont even count as a sorority)

that is how it REALLY is

By: REAL RANK
#49  by: frat guy   

these ranking sites are stupid and nobody should take them seriously. i'm a junior in a fraternity here, and i've met girls from each of these sororities. there are cool girls in every house, and there are total bi tches in every house too. anyone reading this going through sorority recruitment should keep an open mind. social hierarchies are stupid and nobody other than the people posting on this website care about them, and every sorority has something to offer and has a unique identity. i'm confident that any girl that went through recruitment could find a chapter that's a good fit for them.

By: frat guy
#50  by: question   

can a junior at Iowa get a bid to a good sorority? Is it more likely to get a bid as a junior if she's a transfer?

By: question

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.