facebook

bid day

by: jhdfkj

I really do not feel at home at all at the sorority I got a bid to, I saw girls in it that I talked to during pref round and it seemed like they were ignoring I was even there. I also saw girls I talked to previous rounds and said something about how I talked to her before and she acted like she had no idea what I was talking about. It just doesn't feel like I was even memorable to them and the only reason I got in was because I had to go somewhere if I maximized my options so I went there. I just don't see myself fitting in at all with these girls and when I see pictures of other girls on bid day I get sad because I don't feel that way at all. I just feel like trusting the system is a whole bunch of BS and this is not the types of girls I'd ever hang out with normally. How do I tell them I feel this way and want out????

Posted By: jhdfkj
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: been there   

talk to your chapters new member educator or if you were given a bid day buddy talk to them... I've been there bid day is always weird just reach out to people that are there to help

By: been there
#2  by: Somehow   

Somehow you got in ok so maybe you weren't remembered like you want to be. You have a house some girls I know either dropped or didn't get a bid. So stop feeling sorry for yourself because bottom like it's around 4 hours of actual face time you really spent in your house and the those actives had met how many girls, lots. Over a thousand girls went through rush.
Now it's up to you to make an effort. now it's still a process you have to make yourself to do things so you get to know everyone then you'll find girls that you click with, but it's going to take time so be patient with the house and yourself.

By: Somehow
#3  by: Been there 2   

That's not unusual...just try and remember that it's been a long, stressful couple of weeks for everybody. Give it some time and get to know some members in your pledge class...chances are you'll find quite a few of them that you click with. Also, the above advice is great..talk to some people and they'll help you figure it out. Good luck!

By: Been there 2
#4  by: Please   

don't feel down just yet... I literally cried after bid day because I felt so alienated and alone but PLEASE just hold out for a month or so, make a genuine effort to befriend girls in your pledge class. I love my house now more than anything and I shudder when I think I actually thought of dropping. It will all work out, don't get discouraged. Bid Day is EXTREMELY overwhelming for a lot of girls!

By: Please

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.