facebook

recruitment

by: OMG

With Recruitment in 2 weeks ..pnm's have any questions? It can be such a stressful time......

Prepare yourself for some fun getting to know girls both rushing and in all the dif. houses and prepare yourself ..tears might come from disappointments and stressful moments whatever they maybe.

Good luck, make the most of entire process and remember whatever house you do get in ..if you embrace it whether it's your first choice or last choice you can enjoy lifetime friendships and make some really great memories.

Posted By: OMG
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: judge   

Going though recruitment and want to know what if I don't own a pair of tory burch shoes purse, or boots or have expensive clothes can I still get in a top tier house? Am I judged on where I buy my clothes?

By: judge
by: mhmmDec 29, 2013 2:20:19 PM

yes you'll be judged, not terribly. But if you genuinely can't afford this stuff now you won't be able to afford it when you are required to buy it later as an active. As actives some chapters are very strict as to what we have to wear during recruitment, others are way more laid back. Just depends on what you want.

By: mhmm
by: re:mhmmDec 29, 2013 2:54:55 PM

Wait, you are required to buy specific designers when you become active? Who enforces this? Do you guys get a brochure of what to wear

By: re:mhmm
by: fyiDec 29, 2013 6:45:37 PM

yes there are chapters who require certain designers or give you an options of 5 different dresses; a tory burch, lilly, brooks brothers, etc. that are all $200+ and you need to pick one of those to wear. In general Kappa and Pi Phi will cut you, Kappa is known for being rich girls (they like that stereotype) and Pi Phi has these requirements. Then for Alpha Phi, DG, KD, DDD, and ChiO. It will all depend on who you meet. DDD & ChiO being even less likely to have those judgey girls

By: fyi
by: Re: fyiDec 30, 2013 8:40:42 PM

I can understand the mentality behind wanting girls from a certain socioeconomic background , but doesn't that come off as pretty shallow to require designers that are all 200+? I feel like that sends kind of a bad message to the new girls. I'm a guy so maybe I don't get it but I feel it would be pretty unanimously frowned upon if we required our members to wear only certain brand shirts or suits. As long as you look decent and are well put together.

By: Re: fyi
#2  by: ?   

If you have a good gpa, are involved in an osu activity, can hold a conversation and also party, is it still a possibility to end up not getting a bid even if you believe you have all the things this website says the chapters look for?

By: ?
#3  by: ?   

How do the girls really get to know you as a person enough to decide if they like you as a person if they only get to talk to you for a little bit??

By: ?
by: fyiDec 29, 2013 6:47:10 PM

Chapters will match you up with actives who are supposed to evaluate different personality traits. One day you might get someone very alike you, the next day you might get your opposite so the chapter can get a good understanding.

By: fyi
#4  by: Rush   

After the first round, bump groups are highly choreographed so that you can meet as many girls in the house as possible. If you have a rec, the chapter knows you are coming and they have memorized your resume, so they can get beyond the "where are you from", "what's your major".

By: Rush
#5  by: recs   

what if I don't have a rec for all the houses i am interested in?

By: recs
by: ehh Jan 2, 2014 1:03:39 PM

While it is nice to have a well-written rec so that the sororities know more about you ahead of time, it is not an absolute requirement, unlike the SEC.

By: ehh
#6  by: clothes   

what are the general clothing styles girls wear?

By: clothes
by: look onJan 2, 2014 8:52:08 AM

PINTEREST! And look for a Sorority Pinner, they will have plenty of cute outfit ideas

By: look on
#7  by: Outfits   

Do people generally strictly follow the outfit suggestions/requirements that were given for each round?

By: Outfits
by: differentJan 5, 2014 9:33:10 AM

you can dress as different as you want. What you wear says a lot about who you are, so if you pretty much want to join don't deviate to much. Sorority life kinda conforms one to a certain look, and is it for you?

By: different
by: mmmJan 5, 2014 9:42:18 AM

You can dress as different as you want but you need to look well put together and respectable. In the realm of acceptable fashion for 18-22 college females there isnt that much you can work with.

By: mmm
#8  by: hint   

Understand that during recruitment you are dressing for other girls. Don't make the mistake of dressing like you are trying to catch a guy's attention. Anything you would wear to go clubbing would probably be a no.

By: hint

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.