facebook

hierarchy

by: curiouswave

what are the new rankings for sororities and frats?

Posted By: curiouswave
Post Reply Report
Page 3 of 3
#21  by: Truth   

Kappa has had a strong rep for years now, and have always been seen as number one. They are getting more diverse and have a lot of the typical stereotype girls but also some that don't fit the "rich, blonde" stereotype. DG had a good rush this year, and are top tier, but I wouldn't say above Kappa if you look at the entire sorority as a whole.

By: Truth
by: TruthshurtsJan 9, 2015 4:11:13 PM

Very true

By: Truthshurts
#22  by: THE TRUTH   

Dg have one of the fakest sisterhoods...they are all catty and extremely competitive. They are competitive not only with other sororities but with each other, which is very odd. I am a GDI and I'm not even trying to raise up other sorties, just stating a fact of what I have observed from my "friends" in DG. Every other sorority on campus is genuine, but DG talk very badly about other sororities for no reason. They even take it so far as to sing a song in front of all of the frats at their formal, bashing other sororities and bringing up stereotypes that they made up themselves. They would be considered a top house if you asked a random, but they certainly aren't considered the number one. For this reason they are overly competitive and try to bring down other sororities, specifically Kappa.

By: THE TRUTH
by: just stopNov 16, 2014 12:35:34 AM

This post and the post above are obviously kappas. just stop, self ranking doesn't make anyone think any higher of you. It's slightly pathetic in all honesty.

By: just stop
#23  by: Rankings   

Soroities :
Kappa- Gorgeous overall. Has the hot blond stereotype, but some randoms last few years. Very known on Campus and outgoing girls.
Dg- Cute girls, very talented and trendy. Seen as try hards sometimes, but overall nice girls.
Pi Phi- Not known too much, but nice girls overall. Some can be judgmental.
Theta- Partiers

Tri-delt- Diverse
Alpha phi- Try Hard. Have some cute girls, but are very catty and resentful.
Gphi- Bottom

By: Rankings
#24  by: Greek 101    

This includes new PC for 2014:

Top:

Kappa Kappa Gamma: Has had the strongest rep on campus for years now. They have gorgeous girls, but are leaning away from the hot blonde stereotype and are becoming a little more diverse. Their reputation goes far and they are well known. I'm a GDI (honestly) and I will say that a lot of people are self ranking on here to bring Kappa down in order to make their sorority look better. However, every Kappa I have known has been so sweet, and you can't deny they are top. People will say they are basic.

Delta Gamma: Imposible to compare to Kappa. Very different vibe. Only recently have they started getting some cute girls, but not top tier alone by any stretch. Nice and down to earth. But very hipster and you have to be a certain type to fit in with these girls. People will say they are try hards.

Middle:
Pi Phi: Known as christian girls. You marry a pi phi. Not too involved on campus.
Tri-delt: Very diverse
Theta: known as the party sorority, but have toned down a bit. Very chill girls.
Alpha Phi: Improved recently, but still on the cusp between top and bottom, given the older girls.

Bottom:
Gamma Phi- really nice girls but not known and not really desired during rush.

By: Greek 101
by: Truth Jan 9, 2015 4:06:42 PM

Honestly, I would say:
Kappa- overall strong presence on campus, become more diverse
Pi Phi-Good group of girls
DG- Also becoming more diverse, but kind of just there. Can't say anything too good can't say anything too bad.
Theta/Tridelt-Middle Tier

By: Truth
#25  by: bump   

bump

By: bump
#26  by: anon   

If you are a freshman girl reading this site before rush, don't. Seriously.
Rankings and stereotypes are not important. If you are joining a sorority for its rank or even dropping a sorority because you don't want to be associated with a certain stereotype then you're going to be disappointed in the end. These stereotypes have been passed down for years and years. They don't accurately represent entire chapters, maybe they describe a small group within that chapter, but wait and talk chapter members yourself before trying to label them with a preconceived notion. There are no "bad" sororities at Pepperdine, you'll find sisterhood and genuine friendship in all of them. Don't care what other people say & just go where you feel the most at home, the people you see yourself hanging out with and having the most fun with. You're the one that's going to be joining a sisterhood and spending a lot of time with these girls so anyone else's opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

By: anon

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.