facebook

info for rush!!!

by: peppgirl

PLEASE just ignore this site, honestly there is a lot of self ranking and bashing! All of the houses are really amazing and filled with gorgeous, fun girls! Just go through rush and find the house that is the best fit and go ahead and rank them for yourself! Pepperdine greek life is so great because all of the sororities and fraternities actually get along, no house is forgotten :) You'll find out soon enough that your friends spread throughout every chapter at Pepperdine. It's a small school, don't hate on other chapters!

Posted By: peppgirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: anon   

Agreed. First, reputations fluctuate over the years and everyone has friends in all the chapters. Second, honestly, the rankings on here move so much anyway and don't even reflect the "tiers" correctly. Even if you were to make a decision based on something shallow like perceived popularity, this website wouldn't be of any help.

By: anon
by: XOXOXOAug 19, 2014 6:45:56 PM

Hello,

I know this is a late response however I am hoping someone can give me some information. I am planning on transferring to pepperdine in the spring as a junior, do all sororities participate in spring rush? If the sorority I want isn't is there any chance in a dirty bid? Do the sororities discriminate against sophomore and junior people rushing?

Thanks!!

By: XOXOXO
by: RE: XOXOXOXOAug 20, 2014 5:05:04 PM

Most sororities wont' do Spring Rush unless they lose girls (many that get bids won't pledge) or didn't get enough girls during recruitment. I've found that Sophomore and Junior "people" rushing have a better overall time as it is easier for them because they know a majority of the people in each sorority and have a better idea of which one they want. "Dirty bidding" isn't allowed, and not done. There has been "snap bids" (when a girl not bidded for during rush is recalled) but that happens with girls who are well known by most of the sorority (again, usually older girls who have built relationships with these people). I am not sure how it will go for you as a new transfer student, as I don't really think it's a possibility. I would recommend waiting till your following year.

By: RE: XOXOXOXO

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.