facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: vrsgp   

How about you go through rush and choose the sorority you connect with the most instead of going on a self-promoting website?

By: vrsgp
#2  by: asdfgh   

Top:
Kappa
DG
Middle:
Pi Phi
Tridelt
Theta
Bottom:
Alpha Phi
Gamma Phi Beta

By: asdfgh
#3  by: peppgirl   

all of them are really great, with wonderful girls.
known on campus:
kappa
dg
pi phi
theta
aphi
tridelt
gphi

By: peppgirl
#4  by: Agree   

They all have their positives and negatives, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and give you what I feel are the real rankings based on what I think should be valued in a sisterhood:

Tier 1: DG
Tier 2: Everyone else. Yes, that includes Kappa - they're hot, but that's the only thing they've really got going for them. Other sororities are stronger than them in all the other areas. Being that "hot" should not be the only criteria valued in a sorority - one that does not outweigh all the others - they are here with the other sororities.

In general, I think Pepperdine's sororities are strong across the board and offer something for everyone. I no longer feel that there is a "weak" chapter here.

By: Agree
by: pepperdinegirlFeb 11, 2013 3:17:43 AM

LOL at the dg who puts DG top tier by itself and "everyone else" as tier two with a nice kappa shoutout.. give me a break.. stop self ranking and stop being so competitive it's pathetic and sad girls should want to join your sorority because they like who you really are, not who you portray yourselves as. kappa has a lot more going for them than just being "hot"- if you stepped outside of your conceited bubble and took the time to actually get to know the girls you wouldn't be saying that.

By: pepperdinegirl
by: ShuswiSep 8, 2014 4:17:51 PM

Hahaha pathetic putting dg first and everyone else second

By: Shuswi
#5  by: DTD   

Not a sorority, but where is DTD on the fraternity list? Why aren't they listed at all?

By: DTD
by: sl;khfMay 20, 2013 11:17:27 AM

because its not a fraternity... its a club that uses greek letters.

By: sl;khf
#6  by: come on   

Mushing Kappa in Tier 2 with everyone else..i sense some MAJOR self ranking over here. typical of a DG to put everyone else down though. Kappa is not only top tier, but top house

By: come on
#7  by: waves   

top (in no order):
dg
pi phi
kappa
middle (in no order):
aphi
theta
tridelt
bottom:
gphi

By: waves
#8  by: go waves   

Rush shook things up a bit this year. Gphi got a great pledge class with some really cute girls! I wouldn't call them bottom tier anymore..they're at least on the same level as alpha phi, tridelt and theta. And phi phi keeps getting more and more religious, which i don't like. Kappa and dg are prob still the top. Basicaly I kindof agree with post 4 above.

By: go waves
#9  by: AYOwaves   

Hahaha in response to the comment by "go waves", Gamma Phi won't be on the same level as any sorority for a long time, if ever. Sweet girls, but not cute or close to being on the same level as any other sorority. And I wouldn't call Pi Phi a top house as the above comment by "waves" suggests, although they are well respected on campus, despite being super religious. And Alpha Phi definitely isn't on the same level as Gamma Phi, no sorority is, and definitely not them.

Honest rank:

Top:
Kappa
DG
Middle:
Pi Phi
Alpha Phi
Tri Delt
Theta
Bottom:
Gamma Phi

All of the sororities have at least a few cute, fun girls... although I can't think of any for Gamma Phi.

By: AYOwaves
by: anonDec 8, 2012 8:53:07 PM

AYOwaves is accurate if the sororities aren't in any order within the tiers. The middle sororities change so much every year that it's impossible to really rank them.

For example, anyone just looking at this year's rush would say pi phi is top. Last year, that would not be the impression at all. Last year, tri delt was very sought after and "stole" a number of girls from "top tier" houses. This year, lots of girls wanted to drop them first round.

Bottom line: except on the extreme ends, rankings change so much with each pledge class, so anything that tries to rank the middle will be irrelevant in a short period of time. any ranking within the tiers will be argued about bc no one agrees.

By: anon
#10  by: SaltandPeppa   

I'd say there really isn't tiers that are accurate. Reputation wise everyone says KKG is top house but that's questionable. Each sorority thinks they are on their way up to the top or already there. There's no neutral opinion to this since everyone is most likely affiliated if you're on this site in the first place.

By: SaltandPeppa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.