facebook

fraternity comments

by: GR Administrator

University of Oregon - UO General Fraternity Comments

Posted By: GR Administrator
Post Reply Report
Page 5 of 5
#41  by: Oregon   

The only houses worth going to anymore are SigEp, SAE, or Phi Psi. All other houses are mediocre or just plain boring.

By: Oregon
by: hahJun 6, 2013 6:05:27 PM

Not all that true, and have fun hanging out with SAE next year. phi psi blows.

By: hah
#42  by: Ducks   

Somewhat surprised to see Kappa Sig at the bottom of most of these lists. They came in with a bang what happened?

By: Ducks
#43  by: End of the Year Rank   

Top: Sig Ep, Phi Psi, Lambda,
Top Middle: SAE, Beta, DTD, Sig Chi
Lower Middle: Sig Nu, Sig Pi, Kappa Sig, Delta Sig, FIJI
Bottom: AePI, Phi Delt, Chi Psi, Pi Kap

I think this is an accurate representation at the end of the school year. What does everyone else think?

By: End of the Year Rank
by: yupJun 17, 2013 2:11:22 AM

Pretty spot on. I wouldn't say AePi is bottom though just because they are involved and they try their best; id easily flip them and sigma pi. Realistically Sig Ep is pretty well established as top house and people that deny that at the moment are silly because of what has happened to Beta and SAE. I think next year it is going to be SigEp and Lambda because they are both on totally different corners of campus. Another thing about people looking at this site that are interested in rushing. Do not worry so much about the ranks, because if you join a house just because of their status around campus and don't fit in with them you will not like it. Join the house that fits you. Keep in mind some houses are EXTREMELY picky and others are very open. Just pick the house where you fit in best!

By: yup
by: Pretty GoodJun 18, 2013 2:44:46 AM

I also think this is pretty spot on except switch Lambda and SAE. Lambda is gaining popularity and SAE might be slipping a little, but we won't really know till next year. I just don't think Lambda is quite up there socially with Sig Ep, Phi Psi, or SAE.

By: Pretty Good
by: KKGJun 25, 2013 4:02:58 AM

I think this ranking is spot on after this past year.. SAE & beta fell hard this past year which let Lambda slip in fast.. They rose to the top quickly. It will be exciting to see how they live up to their status next year and their new PC as they have improved with each PC. Sig Ep needs to step up on getting involved and their grades and they would easily be top; as they are top socially.. But overall I would say Sig Ep & Lambda lead the battle for best house..

By: KKG
by: ^KKGJun 28, 2013 4:42:32 PM

100% correct.

By: ^KKG
#44  by: End of Year   

Top Tier: SigEp, Lambda Chi, Phi Psi
Top Middle : Sigma Chi, DTD, SAE, Beta
Middle/Lower: SigNu, AEPi, Delta Sig, Sigma Pi, Fiji
Bottom: Chi Psi, Kappa Sig, Pi Kap, Phi Delt.

Tell me what you think.

By: End of Year
by: greeklifeJun 21, 2013 7:07:55 PM

terrible ranking^

By: greeklife
#45  by: knowswhatsup   

I think it's funny how much self-ranking goes on in here. The newer chapters like Phi Psi, Kappa Sig, Pi Kapp, Sigma Nu will definitely pass up the other chapters in a couple of years. There are so many new chapters on campus because the older ones REALLY, REALLY, REALLY suck. Truth is Beta has slipped (used to be #1), SAE has slipped big time (used to be top tier) Sigma Chi has slipped (average), Sig Ep (who? nobody cares, thinks they are #1 but really nobody knows them and aren't involved in anything...), Delts (used to be top tier, most grades and involvement, but slipping), Phi Delt (potheads, kind of low tier anyway), Sigma Pi (great when they first came to campus, now just average) so yeah. I'm going to say watch out for the new chapters: Phi Psi, Sigma Nu, Pi Kappa Phi, Kappa Sigma They are the future of UO Greek system and recruiting all the best guys.

By: knowswhatsup
by: What?Jul 2, 2013 8:54:59 AM

This comment is a joke

By: What?
by: commenterJul 2, 2013 10:05:57 PM

lol Pi Kapp is barely even real

By: commenter
by: wat2Jul 3, 2013 2:16:11 AM

^Wait since when was FIJI already a top house

By: wat2
by: HaJul 4, 2013 11:15:49 AM

already so wat2 and uhhh are apparently guys...so its no wonder you dont like fiji. the sorority im in have had functions with fijis and the guys are great. theyre fun to party with and can hold a conversation. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW LONG THEY'VE BEEN ON CAMPUS....what does that have to do with anything?!?! THEY'VE ONLY BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR AND LOOK AT ALL THEY'VE DONE! great grades, great involvement with campus AND greeklife. THEY WERE ALL AT ANCHORSPLASH! so just because they're new doesnt mean they're not a top house.
look at Theta!! they're pretty new and they're already doing a great job at dances and community stuff.

By: Ha
by: DuckJul 5, 2013 7:16:27 PM

Fiji will maybe be middle tier this year. They just try way too hard to be a top house, be fratty, and impress people. They need to realize that it takes time to make your way up and I don't see it happening super soon. The top houses are pretty much sig ep, phi psi, and lambda and fiji is nowhere near those houses socially. They definitely will be a little more popular this school year but they still have a lot of work to do.

By: Duck
#46  by: Ha   

already so wat2 and uhhh are apparently guys...so its no wonder you dont like fiji. the sorority im in have had functions with fijis and the guys are great. theyre fun to party with and can hold a conversation. IT DOESNT MATTER HOW LONG THEY'VE BEEN ON CAMPUS....what does that have to do with anything?!?! THEY'VE ONLY BEEN HERE FOR A YEAR AND LOOK AT ALL THEY'VE DONE! great grades, great involvement with campus AND greeklife. THEY WERE ALL AT ANCHORSPLASH! so just because they're new doesnt mean they're not a top house.
look at Theta!! they're pretty new and they're already doing a great job at dances and community stuff.

By: Ha
by: LolJul 5, 2013 1:09:25 AM

You clearly are in Fiji. Posting on this stupid site isn't gonna make your frat cool

By: Lol
by: HAJul 5, 2013 4:52:54 PM

Lol:
Actually I'm not...I'm in a sorority. And please explain to me how they aren't a top house, BESIDES the fact that they are new.

By: HA
by: @HaJul 5, 2013 5:36:18 PM

Could FIJI be top in a few years? Ya. Could any house be top in a few years? Ya. Is FIJI top now? No, Id say that there are 2 houses that stick out now and that is Lambda and SigEp. SigEp dominates socially (yes phi psi does as well) while lambda is up there socially and dominates the involvement stuff. Looking at where FIJI fits in compared to these houses, it would be silly to say they are top. Maybe you like them a lot, and that is 100% fine. But they don't have a house so they can't be up on SigEp's level socially because they don't have a gathering place for 200+ people, and they can't be at lambda involvement level because they haven't even gotten top 3 in philanthropies. Ya they had the Carnival with Tri Delta and Chi Psi, but that same week was anchorsplash and then the next philanthropy was Mr & Ms Greek. While sad, I think people really almost forgot about it because the carnival was the same day as the spring game so people were too drunk to participate/care. They have good grades but DTD has best grades, and DTD gets a lot of heat from people because of that and some people actually say DTD is bottom just because of that (which is dumb when you think about it).

Realistically, FIJI is probably one of the bottom houses of the middle tier, but while they MIGHT have proven themselves to a small group of people, they haven't proven themselves to the masses. If this is someone in FIJI posting then well that is just weird and people will assume FIJI is odd.

By: @Ha
by: @haJul 13, 2013 1:38:35 PM

FIJI is definitely bottom. one function with phi doesn't make you a top house.

By: @ha
#47  by: Next Fall   

These are what I think the rankings will be going into next school year.

Top:
Sig Ep
Phi Psi
Lambda

Top Middle:
SAE
Beta
Sigma Chi

Middle:
Delta Sig
Sigma Nu
DTD

Lower Middle:
AEPi
Kappa Sig
Sigma Pi

Low:
Phi Delt
Fiji
Chi Psi
Pi Kapp

By: Next Fall
by: NoJul 9, 2013 12:28:56 AM

This is all mixed around. I have no idea where you are coming from

By: No
by: yesJul 9, 2013 12:13:25 PM

this is mostly right

By: yes
by: haggJul 12, 2013 4:14:30 AM

Top:
Beta
SAE
Sigma Chi

Middle:
Sig Ep
Phi Psi
Lambda

everything else is a joke

By: hagg
by: @haggJul 13, 2013 3:42:15 AM

@hagg your comment is a joke. Not true at all

By: @hagg
by: yepJul 13, 2013 1:35:09 PM

mostly agree with this but everybody in your "top middle" has been/is falling so it'll be interested to see what happens with that

By: yep
#48  by: K   

Let's get this thread going shain

By: K
#49  by: UOGREEK   

Here is my take on tiers after school has started
Top tier: Lambda and Sig ep (anyone who argues otherwise is blind)
Top middle: SAE Beta SIg Chi (thought SAE and Beta would drop off more but have been better than expected after what happened to them last year)
Middle: Delta SIg, DTD, Sigma Nu
Lower: AEPi, Kappa Sig, Sigma Pi, FIJI
Bottom: Chi Psi, Pi Kapp, Phi Delt
Other: Phi Psi (do not know what is going to happen to them yet, most likely kicked off by nationals, if not then they are probably middle/lower. A lot of people say it was not their fault, but stuff happened and they were deemed responsible, unfortunately thats the way it works in the world)

By: UOGREEK
by: NopeNov 6, 2013 6:26:41 PM

Phi Psi isn't getting kicked off. I have a lot of friends in the house and they're all clear. Just social probation. There still one of the top in my opinion, they've just had to lay low since what happened.

By: Nope
by: GreekNov 7, 2013 2:48:54 AM

Ya, I would agree with you, but Phi Psi is still probably above most of these houses, they just need to lay low for a little while, but lets all hope for the best for them. I really would agree with you though that Lambda and SigEp are by far the two best houses right now. And despite what people say about either of these houses being "meatheads" or "fratstars", the reality is that they are all good looking, normal guys that like to have fun, and have goals in life. It would be pretty hard to argue against that too just by looking at their newest pledges and by the way they are viewed by most sororities. Unless something crazy happens to, I don't seem them going anywhere.

By: Greek
#50  by: jnsf   

this is a joke. LAMBDA is a joke of a fraternity. no sororities besides axo even like them.

By: jnsf
by: HeynowNov 7, 2013 12:59:45 PM

you're actually wrong, Lambda is full of genuinely nice guys who are fun to be around. They don't party quite as hard as other houses but they are still fun to hang out with. And it is obvious that more than just axo likes them, although axo and tri delt are basically their groupies, other houses like them just as much

By: Heynow
by: Pretty muchNov 7, 2013 1:42:54 PM

Lambda is a joke. No other house takes them seriously. They're just a bunch of goobers that wanted to be in a frat together.

By: Pretty much

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.