facebook

cost

by: Hmm

I'm just wondering how much it cost to be in a sorority?

Posted By: Hmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: costs vary by group   

The Associate Director for Fraternity and Sorority Life Morgan Brickley, and Panhellenic Association Advisor Chuck Franco, are listed online by email address and/or phone number. They may be able to show you the Fall 2016 list of average costs, broken down by sorority, that might have been listed in the pnm panhel recruitment booklet. I know when I went thru at NIU they had such a list, and its common to have one at recruitment nationwide.

If finances are a big factor toward your being able to join, I hope you are able to get a job and save some money to live your sorority dream.

By: costs vary by group
#2  by: Niu alum   

Expect about a thousand a semester. Every sorority is within a similar price range give or take. Don't let finances sway which house you choose. They're all pretty pricey so just understand that going in.

By: Niu alum
#3  by: GREEK   

Costs vary depending on what house you are in. Houses like Delta Gamma, Delta Zeta, and Sigma Kappa are crazy expensive due to their nationals. Houses like ASA and Alpha Phi are super inexpensive, not sure why but it is definitely a plus for them and it doesn't mean anything bad. Different houses also have different policies about payments, like I know of houses where girls haven't paid all year cause they're so laidback. Just ask when you go through rush and you will find what you're looking for! Don't let money stop you from at least going through recruitment

By: GREEK
#4  by: what is included   

The formal recruitment booklet received when you register usually includes a basic per semester costs for each house. You will notice your first semester outlay as a new member is higher than your second semester as an initiate, and that's usually due to one-time fixed expenses every neophyte pays to their national group.

Be aware groups list a cost which exclude some mandatory, as well as optional, incidentals. Monetary fines for missing meetings, pledge and initiation badge costs, social function costs, little/big gifts, and food fees for when you eat at the house are expenditures not usually included in the listed per semester price tag. While these omissions may be minimal, they can add up and should be generally recognized as you look forward to joining your new home here in DeKalb.

When I mention badge costs, each sorority has a different type of trademarked membership badge. Some groups charge you for your pledge badge as well as initiation badge. Initiation badges can come in several different styles for one single sorority, and therefore your eventual cost is determined by the style of badge you choose from the group you join.

Briefly and politely inquiring about payment plans and scholarships to cover dues and fees is welcome during recruitment. No house wants to bid a woman who hasn't at least thought about the financial as well as the social obligations required during her lifetime of sorority membership.

By: what is included

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.