facebook

why is adpi bottom here?

by: diff school

i’m in a diff chapter at txst but my mom used to be an adpi here in the late 80s :)! she talks about it so well, so i was just wondering why they were so low now?

Posted By: diff school
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: adelphean   

They treat their members terribly. They can’t keep anyone in the chapter. They take anyone who doesn’t get in elsewhere and then when those girls actually get into the chapter, everyone who made it past the first semester is awful to them.

By: adelphean
#2  by: tldr: terrible advisor   

From what I've heard, they were top tier a decade ago, but then they got a horrible advisor who has ruined the chapter into the ground.

By: tldr: terrible advisor
#3  by: Oldie   

ADPi has consistently been bottom tier. Years ago I went through recruitment as an ADPi legacy and had always wanted to be what my Mom was. They had the most unattractive house and girls. I had a good cry about it and joined another house.

By: Oldie
by: another oldieSep 8, 2023 10:17:36 PM

For me, the issue was more so they never tried at anything at all whatsoever. They never got involved in anything within Greek Life or on campus. They never participated in any fraternity or sorority activity, not even the university approved philanthropy events or intramural sports. They would often schedule their own events on the same day and time as important Greek Life dates that they should have known about such as boy's bid day or formals and date parties. In fact, their alienation got so bad they had to have socials with TWU sororities because no fraternity or sorority for that matter wanted anything to do with them. Their partner chapters would just send their pledges and disappear during homecoming and Greek Week. ADPIs always had such bad attitude about everything like they clearly didn't even want to be there, so like why did they even rush?!? No one forced them to join Greek Life....On top of all that, they were so vicious to each other internally and openly despised each other, so there was no sisterhood either. I have no idea if ADPI ever improved or not

By: another oldie
by: Some girlSep 9, 2023 3:06:29 AM

They were a bottom house a few years ago, but they’re definitely mid now. Not a phi or kappa, but def better than zeta and dg now.

By: Some girl
#4  by: adpi   

honestly they’re bottom because once you make it past the first semester you’re treated like crap, and most girls drop anyways before the semester is even up, the advisors are horrible and nasty to the girls, and girls are catty and rude once you’re initiated. it’s just a mess honestly and they can’t keep any of their members because there’s so much wrong. they present themselves during recruitment as being different than the other sororities, and less judgemental, but it’s all fake and it’s incredibly hard to fit in if you don’t fit the girls clique. but there are some sweet girls in there, but for the most part it’s just not the place most people want to be

By: adpi

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.