facebook

should i join

by: GoGreek??

I just got done rushing and the second day I got invited back to my favorite house which was Zeta. I know lots of people say they have a lot of drama but I LOVED every girl I talked to and I really thought we got along great! But for preference night I didn't get invited back to Zeta and it was really the only house I wanted to join. I really want to join a sorority but I should I still? Even if it's one of my absolute last picks? And if I were to rush again next year what are the chances I'd get another shot at Zeta?? Do you think I'd get in next year? Also do they secretly only recruit girls who are super skinny? Cause I had an awesome time with the girls I talked to and if they recruit based on looks than at least it would make sense why I didn't get in since I'm a tad overweight. Help make me feel better?!!? I'm so conflicted!

Posted By: GoGreek??
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greeks   

Did Kappa Delta give you a bid or did Tri Delta? I was a Kappa Delta and I quit after two years. Only join a sorority you are willing to spend your life with. Try again for Zeta in the Spring or next fall.

By: greeks
by: GoGreek??Sep 11, 2013 4:27:32 PM

Kappa delta gave me a bid. They're very nice girls but I'm just not excited about it cause i still have my heart set on zeta. Thanks for the advice :)

By: GoGreek??
#2  by: gogreek!   

I would say give it a try! KD is a great house and has a great sisterhood. Remember that it is not about just the four years you are in college but for life.

By: gogreek!
#3  by: KD   

The same exact thing happened to me. I had my heart set on Zeta, but got a bid from KD. I ended up giving it a go and I suggest you do the same because it honestly was the best decision I've ever made. It's really hard to truly experience what a sorority is all about during recruitment...some houses are a lot better at recruiting than others, which in turn makes them actually seem "better." If you really and truly think you'll hate KD or won't be able to find your place or group of friends (which you will, I promise), then don't accept the bid and wait until spring or next fall to try Zeta again. There's no guarantee that you'll get in, and the same thing could actually happen to you again. Don't worry about your weight or think for a second that that's why they didn't invite you back, because I can almost guarantee you that's not why they did it.

By: KD
#4  by: Try It!    

Hi Should I Join,

I just want to start out by telling you to never ever judge yourself in comparison to the chapters members. And never ever change yourself to fit what you believe to be a stereotype of a chapter. Yes each chapter is a little different, each has different quirks but there is never a reason to change who you are or judge who you are because you didn't get an invite back to a chapter. Also, the stereotypes are just that, they are ideas that people come up with and cling to that A) change because the chapters are constantly changing and B) usually are simply based off of a persons assessment of one member of that organization. The process of recruitment works to find the right fit for everyone, so I know it may be too late... but I say give it a go with Kappa Delta even though they weren't your number one. I ended up in the chapter I put as my number two after preference and I couldn't see myself fitting anywhere else. They are amazing women and so kind, open, and nice. They do wonderful things on our campus and I think you should really give them a chance before deciding if it isn't for you. Recruitment sometimes sends us in directions we didn't think we would ever end up, that's the beauty of the process.

Also, I am not a member of Kappa Delta, just so you know that I'm not "self-ranking" Good luck with your decision!

By: Try It!
#5  by: GoGreek??   

Just incase anyone looking for their own advice out there reads this I'd thought I'd update it. I did in fact decide to join KD and I LOVE it! Honestly couldn't be happier. I think I was trying to make myself fit where I thought I wanted to be, not where I actually belonged. I have made some truly amazing friends, both in KD and in other sororities. So if anyone out there is going through a similar dilemma I encourage you to give it a try! Trust the process and you'll end up where you belong.
AOT
Love, a KD

By: GoGreek??

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.