facebook

greek expectations

by: becca

I am watching this show on my computer called Greek and it depicts greek life, obvi. I just want to know what to expect at this school in regards to events, social mixers, housing looks, and any annual things that greeks look forward to, beside greek sing or booths like i keep reading, Is there any frat party that is annual. or is there like a mixer that involves getting dressed up for boys:)

Posted By: becca
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Go Greek!!   

Greek sing and booth are definitely the most unique events to CMU Greek life, but Greek life here also has your stereotypical date parties/ formals to look forward to. Sorority date parties & formals are dry unless your over 21, and the frat ones are supposed to be but no one really cares at the frat ones. Each chapter usually has one each semester, but there are a few (not sure exactly who but I know it happens) that have two.

Many of the frats throw parties somewhat consistently (between all of them there is at least one to go to every weekend)- most notable is SAE's Dantes (hell themed) party usually in November. Not sure of any other frat throwing an annual party, or at least any that are notable but SAE, Sig Chi, Alpha Sig, Pike (now that they're off probation), SigEp (not many last yr because they were on probation) and Phi Delt (although theirs are at a house off campus and don't throw many larger scale things) throw the majority of them. All of them throw small scale stuff if they're not having a huge party so the best thing is to be friendly with brothers if you want invited, and truth be told being in a sorority makes this much easier.

As for mixers, every sorority as them with pretty much all the frats (and the sororities also have mixers with each other). They're usually themed and are super fun- I can not speak for all the chapters but the best way to learn more specifics is to go through FMR & ask!!

By: Go Greek!!

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.