facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: cmu hello   

top: DG and Theta
middle: tri delt and kappa
bottom: alpha chi omega

By: cmu hello
#2  by: btr   

top: no one, let's be real
middle: DG THeta TriDelt Kappa
bottom: axo

By: btr
by: CMUNov 29, 2012 7:00:50 PM

sorry but DDD and Kappa are not on the same tier as DG and Theta

By: CMU
#3  by: cmustudent   

dg and theta like to act like they are on top, but i think non one really is. kappa is awesome and doesn't really care about what others think but all the girls are amazing. axo def at bottom.

By: cmustudent
by: thetaOct 5, 2012 11:15:03 PM

Dear Kappa
Nice try. Everyone knows theta is the best. That is why I joined.

By: theta
by: pledgeOct 16, 2012 3:21:23 PM

Way to admit you chose a house for the wrong reasons, enjoy your sisterhood.

By: pledge
by: booMar 22, 2016 11:12:04 PM

not in kappa but kappa is pretty cool and seems to be joining dg and theta as a top house

By: boo
#4  by: Oy vey.   

Top tier: Theta, DG
Middle tier: Tri-Delt, Kappa,
On their way up from bottom tier: AXO
Bottom tier: Alpha Phi. (Let's be honest, they aren't involved at all, and the girls are catty.)

By: Oy vey.
by: not at allJan 21, 2014 10:04:52 PM

idk too much about Alpha Phi but I do know they have a bunch of varsity athletes and a couple really involved people and some not at all involved. from what i know they're really nice and definitely not bottom tier. they're middle tier possibly even top if they weren't so new

By: not at all
#5  by: gdi   

we have sororities?

By: gdi
by: failMar 30, 2013 2:00:32 PM

Lame troll is lame.

By: fail
by: lolMar 14, 2022 11:17:39 PM

barely

By: lol
#6  by: honest   

Top: Theta (KAΘ), DG (ΓΔ)
Middle: Tri Delt (ΔΔΔ), Kappa (KKΓ)
Bottom: AChiO (AXΩ), Alpha Phi (AΦ)

By: honest
#7  by: stop the bs    

I'm unaffiliated, so I'll start by saying what I'm about to say is relatively unbiased.

Theta and DG are definitely most popular on this campus, in the past years, with potentially the most involved, outgoing, and "hot" girls. Sometimes their sisterhood is questionable given the amount of cattiness and drama present.
Tri Delt and Kappa both have wonderful girls as well, but their investment into their sisterhoods are prominently observed. They are generally labelled "nice" and "chill" girls, who still work and play hard.
AChiO generally has the nerdier, less stereotypical sorority girls, but a strong sisterhood as well.
As for APhi, it's hard to label them as anything just yet, given that they have just become a part of campus. They are supposedly moving into a house next year, which may help them build their identity. But they have certainly been recruiting A LOT in the past year, and their numbers have certainly reached average house numbers. Some of the girls are hot, others are just chill. I guess we'll see what they become.

By: stop the bs
#8  by: Reality   

DG/Theta
Kappa

(drop)

Tridelt/APhi
AXO

By: Reality
by: lolnoMay 14, 2013 6:22:55 PM

kappa.... no.

By: lolno
#9  by: Barry Soetoro   

DG
Theta
Tridelt
Kappa
SigEp
Alpha Phi
AXO

By: Barry Soetoro
by: almostFeb 4, 2014 4:04:38 AM

DG
Theta
(pretty close up here)

Kappa
Alpha Phi/Sig Ep
TriDelt

AXO (heard they're super tight though so they could probably care less)

By: almost
by: wtfFeb 7, 2014 10:55:49 AM

SigEp isn't a sorority...

Rankings are definitely:
DG
Theta

Tridelt
Alpha Phi
Kappa

AXO

No offense, but have you seen Kappa's pledge class?

By: wtf
by: lolMay 16, 2014 11:50:45 PM

haha "wtf" is totally right about kappa's pledge class

By: lol
#10  by: anonymous   

i mean, with regard to ranking, everyone else has said it already:
top: dg, theta
middle: tridelt, kappa
bottom: axo, alpha phi (on their way up?)

but honestly, if you talk to anyone on campus, those all come with a "but..."
top:
DG: ...the girls are really catty (especially towards each other), they have donors buy out the other houses' philanthropy during greek sing so they can win, their last formal was cancelled within five minutes because some girls showed up so drunk to the venue

Theta: ....they can be SUPER nasty and agressive at times (especially when it involves winning), the sisters all (visibly, even to outsiders) put a lot of pressure on each other to excel in academics, hotness, etc. (they have been called the "evil house")

middle:
Tridelt: ... they are a bunch of really different girls under one roof, (surprisingly?) strong sisterhood, generally is known for having the best philanthropy events as well as the biggest focus on them, people graduating this year definitely talk about how their house changed so much over the last four years (def for the better, haha)

Kappa: ....they're chill, almost too chill sometimes, their not on top but literally every girl wears her letters every god damn day, so it can seem like they are (haha, no offense), a lot of the members are the stereotypically the "girliest" but also, many are not

im not going to say much about the other two because i honestly dont know their houses well enough to go into detail.

By: anonymous
by: Tridelt...May 23, 2014 9:28:30 PM

Tridelta member,

You seem to have a lot of insecurities about your house and your sisters. This is just based on all of the mean comments you've written about several of the other houses on May 16th. I really hope that you can find a way to love your sisterhood and stand up for it through a means that doesn't involve spreading hatred.

Girls in both DG and Theta are wonderful girls, and maybe it would be worth meeting some of them so that you don't feel threatened by them.

<3,
Your panhellenic friend

p.s. You guys do have great philanthropy events :)

By: Tridelt...
by: DittoMay 30, 2014 8:57:31 AM

In response to "Tridelt...,"
Couldn't have said it better myself! Totally agreed.

It was very obvious that someone in tridelt down ranked other houses, especially DG and Theta, and self ranked her own house based on the ratings ALL being made the same day and within a few hours of one another, including the last "anonymous" post.

To "anonymous,"
I really hope you take the time to get to know girls in other houses and realize the real reason people join sororities. Hopefully you'll discover there's more to greek life than sitting at home and thinking of as many mean things to say about every house that is not yours, and maybe come to value and respect your own house even more :)

panhel love <3

By: Ditto

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.