facebook

recruitment

by: New

Can someone give me the rundown for what it's like to go through recruitment and join a fraternity at GVSU? Like how competitive is it? Do most people who go through get a bid somewhere? I know there are schools where only half of people trying get bids and I'm trying to gauge what this is like.

Posted By: New
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Frat guy   

Basically every frat puts out a “rush calendar”, which has different events you go to to meet the guys in the chapter. so to “rush” a frat you have to go to the events for the fraternity you are interested in rushing and if they like you after you go to their events and you fit well with the frat, they give you a bid. The bid is an invitation to join. Go to campus life night and back to school bash to meet all the fraternities and get their rush calendars and go to the events of the frat you’re interested in. It’s different from sorority rushing because for sorority rushing ar GVSU you get the chance to rush every sorority whereas for fraternity rushing, you have to physically go to the events of the frat you’re interested in. So you kind of have to know who you’re interested in without any exposure to the frat. As for in terms of competitiveness, it depends what frat you’re pursuing. If it’s a top tier one, or a better one, they’ll be more selective in who they give bids to, so therefore it will be harder to get in. If you rush a lower tier one, they’ll give out bids more easily so it just depends on who you’re interested in

By: Frat guy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.