facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 4
#11  by: Kay   

Phi Mu- Still the top whether everyone likes it or not. They were slipping for a bit, but it seems like this year will turn them around, they definitely got the strongest pledge class and more diverse than the previous few years but they seem to have a lot of partiers lately too
AST- Really strong recruitment, but they don't completely have their identity figured out; they focus so much on their diversity they seem to lack cohesiveness. They seemed to get a lot of the girls who also liked Phi Mu but felt Phi Mu was "too girly" or "too blonde"
Theta- Still trying to figure out where they fit. They'd like to think they are #1 but grades are mainly what they have. A lot of thetas have been overheard talking about chapter drama and PC13 has said they don't have strong sisterhood
AGD- Its odd that they are so rough at Belmont because they are really strong at some Southern schools. Everyone said it seemed like they didn't even try to put on a good recruitment and everyone who got asked back seemed disappointed. They never seem very social outside AGD either.

By: Kay
by: SBFeb 17, 2014 12:43:21 PM

This is obviously written by a Phi Mu and hilarious. While Phi Mu is still the top sorority, they are definitely slipping and losing ground as the top spot. Phi Mu feels threatened by Theta because they finally have a strong national sorority to compete with. Theta has won first in grades 5 out of their 6 semesters on campus, has some gorgeous, fun girls in it. Theta's downfall is a fairly large group of random, AGD-like girls.

By: SB
by: BelmontGreekFeb 27, 2014 12:13:46 AM

I would disagree with your comment about Theta. I would say that they have done an EXCELLENT job of establishing themselves on campus. They win just about everything (canstruction, most spirited, highest GPA) and are very loud and proud. They're the sorority that a lot of girls want to be in. I can understand your comment about sisterhood, Theta is very clique-y but so is every sorority basically.

By: BelmontGreek
by: Belmont greeklyfeDec 11, 2014 9:19:20 AM

Phi Mu is definitely not slipping. AST and theta are going downhill while AGD and Phi Mu are rocking it. Phi Mu had the best recruitment this year while AST had to call girls for a bid which is pathetic. Theta also has open bidding.LOL

By: Belmont greeklyfe
#12  by: J-r   

PHI MU
AST
Theta
AGD

By: J-r
#13  by: BUgreek   

Each sorority has its stereotypes but they are all wrong and people are ignorant. I would definitely chose Phi Mu. They have won chapter of the year three times in a row if this doesn't show how well this sorority is then you are being ignorant too. They are the most involved and the classiest of all. AST has definitely went downhill. There pledge class this year are full of partiers and they are dropping like flies. The director is begging the girls to stay which is pathetic. Theta is a nice sorority definitely middle tier. They are involved, however, they are new and have a good foundation but not there yet. AGD is a cool sorority. They are not the prettiest, however, they are full of sweet girls who are very caring.

By: BUgreek
by: BruiserDec 22, 2014 8:13:11 PM

You must really hate someone in AST or something because you have stated that some imaginary director is begging people to stay twice in two different places on this website, which is false by the way. Go do some homework or something. Damn. Grow up.

By: Bruiser
#14  by: Bruiser    

Sorry y'all but AST is slipping. They have virtually no sisterhood and every AST I know is desperate to drop.

Phi Mu
Theta
AST
AGD

#15  by: Bruiser   

Let's get something clear:
All you all are doing on this damn website is bashing each other when literally none of you have any idea what is going on in any other sorority and most likely in your own. We go to BELMONT. We don't even know what real Greek Life is. Our sororities would literally crumble at a state school. So maybe instead of bashing each other in a school community where we are not taken seriously by anybody, we should work on picking each other up maybe?

by: dougApr 21, 2015 7:28:28 PM

#literallycrumble

By: doug
#16  by: xoxo1234   

Speaking from the outer circle, I honestly don't think there are rankings... there are stigmas for sure. Like Phi Mu's are the pretty bimbos, Theta's are christians, AGD's are weird... and those are the only ones I've heard. But I know great girls in all sororities.

By: xoxo1234
by: nooooJul 11, 2017 9:50:37 AM

Theta's rep being "Christian" is the funniest, most inaccurate thing I've ever heard 😂 I would bet at least half aren't even religious. If anything, Phi Mu are the stuck up Christians. Thetas are rowdy and have confidence and don't care at all what people think (unlike a lot of phi mus who mask their insecurity with snobbiness)

By: noooo
#17  by: Honest   

Lets be honest, the rankings don't even matter because year after year no matter what Phi Mu is the only relevant sorority at Belmont.... They are #1 and everyone knows it. Beautiful, confident, outgoing, southern, sweethearts who are becoming more and more well rounded and diverse every year.
1. Phi Mu
2345: all the others.

By: Honest
by: patheticNov 3, 2016 9:58:25 PM

If phi mu was the best sorority on campus y'all wouldn't be on this page defending your status

By: pathetic
#18  by: Belmont Greek   

I feel like the rankings are changing somewhat. Between recruitment success and overall rankings from the Greek Awards, I would have to say
Phi Mu (the oldest and probably still the most prestigious sorority on campus)
Theta (they're doing a really good job at keeping up with Phi Mu though)
AGD (got top chapter this year... moving up a little bit)
AST (unfortunately had a lot of issues with recruitment and had to take a ton of extra girls to keep up)

can't wait to see how things will be shaken up if a new chapter is added!

By: Belmont Greek
#19  by: Sosorority   

After this year's recruitment:

Theta
AST
Phi Mu
AGD

Phi Mu seems to slip a little more every year. AST and AGD have stayed about the same but Theta has made a big run for the top spot and held onto it.

By: Sosorority
by: laughingFeb 14, 2016 3:34:15 PM

Clearly written by a theta

By: laughing
#20  by: Ugh   

Y'all seriously need more chapters!!! I'm going to Belmont in the fall and plan on joining a sorority ~phi mu most likely ~ but I'm a legacy to ADPi, DG, Kappa and Pi Phi (mom, grandmother, and 2 sisters). I wish y'all had one of those chapters because I've always thought it would be nice to be a legacy and y'all only have 4 sororities so you should add more!

By: Ugh
by: Seriously?Jun 7, 2016 8:50:14 AM

Lots of girls who go through recruitment at Belmont are legacies in chapters they don't have. I was a legacy in three sororities that Belmont doesn't have. If you care so much, go somewhere else that does have them. Panhellenic went through the extension process (and as of yet have not been able to add another chapter) and believe it or not, its a lot more complicated than just adding more sororities. Its a process and it takes the approval of 9 million people on the Belmont admin side, the NPC side, the extensions being considered.... So before you go whining, maybe know a touch more about what you are talking about.

Also, "plan on joining a sorority ~phi mu most likely ~" suggests that you should talk to all those women in your family about being Greek and the recruitment process because you don't just choose a sorority. Its a mutual selection process, so going into it, you shouldn't already decide where you think you are going to join. A) Because you may actually like another house a lot more, or B) they may not extend a bid to you. It wouldn't be wise to alienate all the other chapters on campus just because you think you want to be a Phi Mu before clearly knowing much about Belmont Greek Life.

By: Seriously?

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.