facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 4
#1  by: BUBruin   

Speaking as a woman in Greek life at Belmont, these are the true, unbiased rankings.

1. Phi Mu is the best one. It's a typical Southern sorority. Mostly blonde, beautiful, and girly. Full of drama though.

2. Theta is the most well-rounded sorority. There's something for everyone in it. Tons of beautiful girls, tons of really smart girls...and then a few awkward random girls in it.

3. Alpha Sigma Tau used to be second best until Theta got to Belmont. Thank God for a really good pledge class this year or else AST would have been in trouble. Mostly chill, fun girls.

4. Alpha Gamma Delta are the socially awkward girls that couldn't get in any other sorority. Harsh, but true.

By: BUBruin
#2  by: BelmontSororityGirl   

I agree mostly with the first responder but
1. Phi mu: Most stereotypical sorority. Full of some air headed blondes, party girls, although there are certainly a few good genuine girls. Typically the most snobbish and cliquey.
2. AST: Very similar to Phi Mu in that a lot of girls are partiers but a lot of them are much nicer and more genuine. Less blondes and drama.
3. Theta: Newest chapter established only last year. The thing is the charter chapter contains a lot of random girls that couldn't make it through formal recruitment in the fall. I have no idea why some of these girls are even in a sorority because they make no effort to show up to any functions or interact with their sisters. HOWEVER there are a lot of really awesome genuine girls too. This years pledge class is pretty decent, DEFINITELEY the most diverse and well rounded sorority on campus some are partiers some are weird some are completely random.
4 Alpha Gamms are, I'm sorry, but the most random sorority here. I felt bad for them at recruitment because they were almost everybody's last choice. So many girls that were called back for later nights were complaining. Horrible pledge class this year. Full of girls who didn't get into the sorority they actually wanted.

By: BelmontSororityGirl
#3  by: Panhel love   

Honestly these are steryotypes and as many of us know steryotypes are inaccurate. It is the goal of Belmont to be Panhellinic minded and not bring others down. We are all groups of women who have common goals of sisterhood and service. So here is what I would like to do... I will present the positives of each sorority. Each of us have our own traditions and being in the organization provides a completely different experience than just judging from the outside.

Overall: Every group is greatly loved by the women in the organization which is evident by how we all proudly wear our letters but we are not so closed minded that we only recocniize and socialize with our sisters. Many have friends in every sorority.

In Alphabetical order:
1> Alpha Gamma Delta: They are a great group of girls! THey are very diverse and you can almost always meet someone in this group you will bond with. They are full of love for eachother and their sisterhood really shows. THey pride themselves on being the squirrels and are an very welcoming and supportive group.

2> Alpha Sigma Tau: There are some amazing anchors in here! The women of AST are strong and lovely. Each has their own personality but they come together to form an awesome sisterhood. Their philanthropy is Susan G Komen and they work hard to raise funds in their well planned out AST week. These women are full of spunk but maintain a relaxed atmosphere.

By: Panhel love
#4  by: Panhel love   

Next:

3>Kappa Alpha Theta: These kites are flying high! They are relatively new to campus, but you wouldn't know that by the way they have embraced Panhellenic life. They are a classy group of ladies who definitely have a variety of personalities. Thier sisterhood is gowing and florishing. Women of theta really seem to love and respect eachother as well as the other panhellinic women on campus. They are definitely"Thinking Theta"

4> Phi Mu: Yes Phi Mu's color is pink but they are more than the steryotypical "girly" girls. These women definitely wear their letters with pride and have a ton of enthusiasm. They are smart and kind. Alhough thought of as the "blonde" sorority they are most definitely filled with beautiful women of all shapes and apperances. They are an enthusiastic group of women who are proud to be part of the panhellinic community.

This is just a taste of the greatness each sorority has to offer. Belmont is full of a variety of women and we welcome each one with open arms. Although there are sometimes dissagreements within organizations we always come out stronger and with a greater foundation in our beliefs and purposes. We are Greek women of beauty, poise, and purpose. I encourage everyone to go through recruitment and really look into the sororities not just at the superficial. Also, recruitment councilors are there to help guide you but I urge you to trust the system! Opinions of others are only helpful to a certain extent so have an open mind

#5  by: Panhel love   

You can choose to be positive or you can choose to buy into the stereotypes. I would rather invest in the good than go bankrupt in pool of hatefulness. I hope those who read this would choose the mature path of acceptance and trusting in themselves rather than the biased opinions of others. Tell me a stereotype I can introduce you to at least 5 girls in the sorority who break it. It may be easier to hate, but it is greater to love. If you enter a sorority they each aim to build mature, poised, honest, and loving women. Why not get a head start now?

#6  by: Southern   

Phi Mu
Theta
AST
AGD

By: Southern
#7  by: GreekGeek   

^^ Most accurate

By: GreekGeek
#8  by: Belmont   

Phi Mu
Theta
AST
AGD

By: Belmont
#9  by: Rushe   

After going through recruitment this year this is how I see it.

Theta
AST
Phi Mu
Agd

By: Rushe
by: BelmontSep 3, 2013 12:25:34 AM

That can be pretty iffy. I believe it was very hard to choose between AST and Theta for the classes. They wanted ALOT of the same girls so it can get pretty rough between them. I wouldn't necessarily put Theta above AST
I'd do it like this:
Theta/AST (too close to call)
Phi Mi (slipping)
AGD (really are pretty nice girls but often take the girls that the other sororities cut.)

By: Belmont
#10  by: sorority   

Stereotypes:

Phi Mu: blonde, Southern belle, party girls. They are trying to diversify.
Theta: smart, classy, pretty girls with a few weird ransoms thrown in.
AST: free-spirited, hippie, wild, funny girls.
AGD: irrelevant girls that couldn't get in any other sorority.

Ranking as of this year:
Theta
Phi Mu
AST
AGD

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.