facebook

got released from all houses during rush

by: A.

I’m sad that I got the news that I was released from recruitment. I really thought I was going to find a home and I’m just heartbroken. I still want to join a sisterhood but don’t know if I should go through the process of formal rush again especially since I have bad social anxiety :( will there be opportunities for cob this semester or anytime?

Posted By: A.
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: DOC   

I'm sorry you got cut from all of the houses. This year the rules for GPA were increased where many houses cut if your GPA was less than 3.0. Some cut if your GPA was less than 3.3. Don't be hard on yourself. Freshman year school is difficult enough, keeping grades and a lot of transitions. Don't let this define you. And snap bids are certainly possible. This could be a blessing so you can evaluate which girls you have the most in common with and potentially find a better fit. A lot of girls rush as sophomores, so that's become common too. Hang in there.

By: DOC
#12  by: e   

I’m so sorry, girl. Just remember that this has no impact on who you are!! I’m sure several sororities will do COB/snap bids, but if for some reason you don’t get one and you are seeking a sisterhood, you could always look into a non-Panhellenic sorority! I know kxa and phi lambda and APO (technically a frat but it’s coed!) and others do rush later in the semester and everyone I know in those (and in other Panhellenic sororities!) are great! :) Best of luck!

By: e
#13  by: Ceci   

Girl, there’s nothing wrong with you! It’s a numbers game. Nobody can fully understand it. If you hear of COB opportunities, go after them! These sororities don’t define your worth they don’t even know you.

By: Ceci
#14  by: :)   

Hey girl! I’m pretty sure ADPi is doing cob for sure if you’re still interested. I’d dm the accounts for the sororities if you want to know for sure.

By: :)

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.