facebook

got released from all houses during rush

by: A.

I’m sad that I got the news that I was released from recruitment. I really thought I was going to find a home and I’m just heartbroken. I still want to join a sisterhood but don’t know if I should go through the process of formal rush again especially since I have bad social anxiety :( will there be opportunities for cob this semester or anytime?

Posted By: A.
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Reality   

COB is usually for girls who didn’t rush for whatever reasons.

Snap bids are for girls who rushed and prematurely cut.

So slim chances, sorry
Best bet is to try again next year.

By: Reality
#2  by: What?   

Geeeeeez you were cut from all the A houses?

By: What?
by: shut upJan 10, 2020 11:13:46 AM

she'll probably have luck going zeta bc they do COB and Snap Bids!

By: shut up
by: To geeezzzzJan 10, 2020 1:19:14 PM

You are acting horribly. If you are wearing letters you don’t deserve them and if going thru recruitment I feel bad for whichever chapter gets you.
Be better!

By: To geeezzzz
by: WowJan 18, 2020 6:21:25 AM

This is so rude. There are a lot of reasons that a girl can be cut from all houses. For example, being a legacy can be a disadvantage with all houses other than the one you are a legacy for. Greek recruitment is a numbers game, get a life and stop judging people when you don’t know the full story

By: Wow
#3  by: Sorry    

You should be able to join alpha phi maybe ad pi as they will have spots after today. Maybe alpha chi. Hang in there, going through next year not a bad idea. You have time to make friends in the house you want.

By: Sorry
by: A.Jan 10, 2020 11:17:28 AM

thank you it makes me feel a lot better about myself. I just been self-conscious and having doubts about being released. I hope that there will be a opportunity for me to join in the future maybe formal just isn’t a great time at this moment. I’m a sophomore transfer btw!

By: A.
by: TGIFJan 10, 2020 11:50:56 AM

Reality check——

If you were released from all houses this recruitment, it is verrrrrrrry unlikely any of those houses are going to turn around and call you to off you a COB bid.

By: TGIF
by: NoJan 12, 2020 8:23:46 AM

Alpha phi, ADPi, and AXO will probably not COB you, as those spots are reserved for girls that did not rush. I know that those sororities have the policy that if you were released once they cannot offer you another chance.

By: No
#4  by: Shut up   

she'll probably have luck going phi phi bc they do COB and Snap Bids!

By: Shut up
#5  by: Shut up   

she'll probably have luck going kappa bc they do COB and Snap Bids!

#6  by: Shut up   

she'll probably have luck going theta bc they do COB and Snap Bids!

#7  by: Shut up   

she'll probably have luck going Tri Delt they do COB and Snap Bids!

#8  by: Shut up   

she'll probably have luck going chi omega they do COB and Snap Bids!

#9  by: Hang in there   

You did nothing wrong. I am sure you have many gifts/talents to contribute to a house. Get to know more girls and if you have friends going Greek- maybe you will have more connections. There are tons of other activities on campus that are just as fulfilling if not more so. Wishing you the best. Take care of yourself. ❤️
(And you never know- maybe cob/snap works out)

By: Hang in there
#10  by: :(   

I’m sorry you got cut from all houses. You can definitely do cob, but you might get a snap bid:)

By: :(

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.