facebook

sub dinners and fall pre-rush activities

by: Baylorbound

I'm headed to BU in the fall and I'm a Pi Phi legacy. Does this help me much for rush? Also, I've heard that girls go on "rush dates" in the fall and I was wondering what exactly this is and how it works. Lastly, I've heard that all of the pledges classes are pretty much decided before January parties even start. I'm excited but nervous so any advice is appreciated.

Posted By: Baylorbound
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PC13   

I'm not a Pi Phi, so I don't know too much about them. I also haven't been on the other end of recruitment yet but I can speak from my own experience with rush.
From what I know, being a legacy doesn't guarantee you a spot... a lot of sororities just need to call you back for a day or two before they decide on you. It helps, but you need to put yourself out there, especially if you want Pi Phi (a lot of girls do). Rush dates = basically getting to know sorority girls, like getting froyo or something. there are rules about it and you'll learn them. Some PCs are pre-picked some aren't. I heard Pi Phi is, so be on the ball if you want them. GO TO SUB DINNERS. rush is so unpredictable-- that's the best advice I can give you. Groups you didn't expect to get cut from will cut you, and groups you didn't think would like you will like you. Go in with an open mind and make yourself be happy with like 4 or 5.

By: PC13
#2  by: fyi   

Baylor recruitment has become very competitive for all 8 sororities so try to get to know members in each group during the fall.

By: fyi
#3  by: Rushed2013   

Being a legacy meant nothing this year from what I saw. I saw tri-legacies get cut from 3 different sororities. Definitely go to the SUB dinners so they know who you are before rush. I didn't and I really regretted it because I felt like I was behind during the rush process. But no matter what, it is a very unexpected experience because you rarely know the outcome until bid day.

By: Rushed2013
#4  by: GreekGirl   

Legacies don't guarantee anything at Baylor. Definitely go to sub dinners before rush, especially if you want PiPhi TriDelt and Kappa. They have the majority of their pledge classes picked out before rush begins.

By: GreekGirl
#5  by: beenthere   

Yes, it still helps to be a legacy! Keep an open mind about the other sororities because all of the BU chapters are great. And definitely go to the SUB dinners and meet all of the girls that you can.

By: beenthere
#6  by: Greek   

It helps but it not a deciding factor at all. SUB Dinners are very important, KKG,PBP,DDD, and XO have alot of their pledge class picked out before rush begins.

By: Greek
#7  by: bubabe   

PBP, KKG, DDD, XO and even KAT know who's in the pledge class before January. It's tough to be in top tier so get to know all of the girls that you can in the fall.

By: bubabe
#8  by: even   

the low tiers cut legacies here...keep your options open!

By: even
by: seeuatbuMar 5, 2013 12:20:37 PM

Why would lower tiers cut legacies? Wouldn't they want to keep as many girls as possible on the party list?

By: seeuatbu
by: itMar 5, 2013 7:33:32 PM

depends on if the legacy has the grades and meets the groups standards

By: it
#9  by: sororitygirl   

here's the thing about legacies... I can tell you for sure that Chi O and Theta had more than 300 legacies this year. Do you think they're going to take a pledge class of 300 girls? no. Do you really think they're going to take a pledge class full of 100% legacies? definitely not.

there's usually a rule that if you're a legacy they're not supposed to cut you for a day or two but after that it's fair game...I saw A LOT of legacies... even triple legacies... get cut during rush this year; the only scenario in which being a legacy basically guarantees you a spot is if you're an in-house legacy (which means you have a biological sister who is currently in that chapter at that school when you go through rush).

By: sororitygirl
#10  by: i'm one of them   

sororitygirl and bubabe are wrong.

if you care, get involved in the fall.
the recruitment teams have the most say so in the selection so get to know them.

i got in because i was an in-house legacy, so i didn't put forth any real effort.

legacies come into play in the scoring process. once you get past a certain cut in the parties, you're guaranteed a bid.

By: i'm one of them

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.