facebook

frat

by: Frat

How bad is hazing for a pledge? What houses are the worst and best about it

Posted By: Frat
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Opinion   

This is just my opinion, I have no idea what rumors I hear around campus are true and which ones aren't, so I'll keep it to this. For fraternities, there are basically three different levels: none, very little, or mediocre. There are certain fraternities that do not have a pledging process to eliminate this issue, but there are also some on this campus that have pretty bad rumors on what they have to do while pledging (however, only the people in these fraternities would know the facts, so I have no idea). Luckily though, none of it sounds as bad as it is at some other schools and no one has died or dropped out (from what I know) from being hazed too hard.

Sororities have a completely different structure with a lot more rules and regulations. If there is any hazing at all, it's very minimal, probably unintentional, or active girls just trying to get new girls to have fun with alcohol involved. Honestly though, I have never heard of any crazy hazing incidents or secrets from the sororities here.

Overall, you should be able to tell while rushing which ones will and which ones won't from asking them questions and just asking people around campus.

By: Opinion
#2  by: honestly   

Depends on the house, but dont be intimidated by rumors. Once you earn your letters it'l all be worth it.

By: honestly
#3  by: Rush   

I know some Lambda Chi's from other schools. Do they haze bad at EIU. What kind of fraternity does Lambda Chi live up to at EIU

By: Rush
by: ^Aug 14, 2014 1:34:56 AM

Lambdas won greek week twice in a row and have probably the biggest parties. Diverse group of guys and are the biggest house.They don't haze bad at all from what I hear.

By: ^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.