facebook

dues

by: poor

I am considering rushing a sorority this semester... but honestly don't think I will be able to afford dues. I know of chapters at other schools that give breaks for needy students, and I definitely could prove it, so is this something sororities do at northeastern? also what's an actual estimate of what I should expect to be paying?

Posted By: poor
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Hm   

Dues are usually between $300-500 per semester, but there are usually scholarships offered per chapter to help sisters if they need money. Another thing to consider is that while those are the set dues, you may need to think of other things that cost money that come with Greek life as in clothing and participating in other chapter philanthropy events

By: Hm
#2  by: poor   

yeah I considered that.. I work and definitely have spending money and can afford to buy things for myself along with all the other expenses that go along with being a college student. it's just that 300-500 is an entire month of spending money and I don't have that in excess when literally all my savings is going towards school right now and i'm not lucky enough to have parents who can help out

By: poor
by: OptionsSep 2, 2016 6:16:59 AM

I can't speak for other sororities, but we have payment plans. I believe its two payments spread out over two months. If you can elect that option, for a new member, it might be $200 a month as opposed to a lump sum of $500. After that, the typical NEU chapter probably costs between $300 and $400 a semester.

In my experience/opinion, the biggest expenses for a new member are the cost of her badge and of national registration. There are also Facebook/university tees groups specific to your organization that sell reasonably priced attire. Don't feel the need to purchase any overpriced garbage from the sorority's official apparel website, when you can get better, cuter items for a lot less. In fact, my opinion is to refrain from buying anything from the sorority's official website or anything that your chapter offers, unless it is mandatory (e.g. bid day shirts, recruitment shirts, homecoming apparel).

By: Options
#3  by: Yes   

Utilize payment plans if your chapter has them- mine does and it spreads out the cost to either two payments or four smaller payments over the semester instead of one huge payment.

By: Yes

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.