facebook

august rush 2016

by: Rushee

What are the chances a sorority will take 12 girls from the same community (10 from one school) again this year? I want to have a successful rush. I realize it has to do with grades, reputation, recommendations, ACT scores but mostly how many girls from your school going through rush. It think it also is influenced in a huge way by alumni influence. I want to be as informed as much as possible. I know dome fantastic girls that were cut for no good reasons other than an alumni didn't like their family yet they took 10 girls from that same class. Please inform me all the influences that go into picking which girls bids go to!!!

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yea   

Where you're from can I have a significant impact. It's unusual for a sorority to take ten girls from the same place, so I wouldn't bank on that necessarily happening again, especially because that sorority has received flak for it. But certain areas have an abnormally large amount of girls that go through rush at state, and so in an effort to maintain diverse pledge classes, some girls simply get cut not because they are bad PNMs but because sororities try to limit pulling too much in an area.

By: Yea
#2  by: What?   

Why would a sorority take 10 from one school? That's like all of the girls in one senior class!

By: What?
by: Not intentionalJan 8, 2016 12:53:51 PM

KD didn't set out to take that many girls. Madison Central has a HUGE # of PNMS. Not all of them can go top 4. So when that core group all got cut from Chi O, DG, and Phi Mu they were looking at ADPi or not being greek because so many had been cut by middle houses that didn't think they would pledge there, or had cut other houses earlier in the week. So KD actually did something great, although strange, they took all of them because they were good PNMs and should have been in a strong house. That kind of thing never happens. You are normally in competition with the girls from your school/town. Normally sororities only take 3-5 from big areas and the top ones are picked first. So if you are from a large place, know you're going up against your friends for spots.

By: Not intentional
#3  by: Upper class man    

Best explanation to this situation I've heard and I'm a phi mu. Good for y'all KD. I liked you during my rush and like you better now!

By: Upper class man
#4  by: Well   

Some of those girls in that group of 10 were cut by my sorority because their grades and involvement in HS sucked. They were also scored on personality during rush and some of them got very low marks there. It had nothing to do with them being from madison. It was just that their resume didn't add up to other rushees that had incredible resumes. Also, there were so many KD legacies from madison. We sometimes cut them due to that as well.

By: Well
#5  by: KD   

Well, that group probably isn't going to do it again. And yes, you will be competing against your fellow graduates for spots in the same house. Normally, madison girls are spread amongst phi mu, kd, and chi o. Unless you're a legacy, you should really just be happy with whatever house you get. Rush is ruthless!

By: KD
#6  by: Yep   

It is ruthless! And KD should've realized that everyone laughed them for taking that huge number! Again, ruthless of the sorority groups. But those are chances these groups take when a bid list is made. Alumni need to leave KD alone. They wanted to
Take that huge chunk of girls from Madison Central. That has the seniors now thinking that KD will take another group like that. Alumni ruined KDs rush for a few years.

By: Yep
#7  by: Good   

It is good to know that KD powers know how ridiculous it looked when they took so many girls from one school and hometown. I hope the class of 2016 sees this and knows KD will not give blocks of bids to madison girls again.

By: Good
#8  by: Come on   

I think KD had so much alumni interference two years ago from a certain town that they decided to try and come off as nice to that HS found there. In other words, they decided to look like good guys and instead of cutting a majority of the girls there for stupid grievances, they kept a huge group of girls. These are not the normal girls they would keep and were cross rushed by lower tiered sororities. It's obvious and it hurt KDs reputation. I heard they are embarrassed. I wish alumni would stop living through their sorority and be grown ups.

By: Come on

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.