facebook

tier

by: Tired

ive been watching this site for two years because I am a pnm. I have also visited campus and been around for charity bowl,derby day, and super bulldog weekend . I also know the "talk" around my particular hometown as to what sorority most of the girls ahead of me pledged. About 20 girls from my hometown are split between about 5 of the sororities . Most all had fabulous experience and were able to make their own choice. I will say they all preffed different combinations of the ones you all keep saying are top 4 plus phi phi.
I write this to say that some came home actually saying... No chi o was not my type, or kd was just not it, or phi mu wasn't me or just couldn't see being a dg. They're all so happy and chose where they liked. Also did NOT go as a group of friends or where their MOTHER thought they should go! Be your own self ! I can't wait to meet the different houses and see what I like! Who cares about the tier!

Posted By: Tired
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: MC   

I am an MC grad and a junior at State. Many girls from MC don't do well at rush for a lot of reasons. But many do fantastic! Every year, 25 or more rush here at state. They do spread out among the sororities. I am one who struggled at rush. Madison Central is huge. We have competition amongst ourselves throughout high school that is worse than competition among sororities. Looking back, my friends and I were way too wild for high schoolers. We were mean to the girls who didn't party a lot. We were arrogant because we thought we were the coolest because we came to State every weekend and partied. All that did was make the older sorority girls hate us. So what I'm saying is if you can make it through Madison Central in one piece, then go through rush, receive a bid from a great sorority, you've accomplished something. I wished I could have done things differently as I look back. For PNMs, listen to these older girls that give advice about how to behave before going off to college.

By: MC
by: YesJul 23, 2016 10:15:20 AM

It's super rare when a girl gets 2 top houses. Usually it's between a top house an Pi phi tri Delt or zeta on pref. Usually not by choice. Just because girls in top preffed that house in Pi phi doesn't mean they wanted to pref Pi phi.

By: Yes
#12  by: MC   

Not every MC girl will go Phi Mu or Chi O (there are a lot from MC in these groups). That just means there are more great girls going into other groups from a very large school. I wished I given the other groups a chance instead of dropping. They may or may not have given me a chance, however. Just live life a better way than we did in high school and you will do fine!

By: MC
#13  by: Seems   

It seems comments are way off OP. I think the whole point was girls don't go to state only wanting 1 sorority!!! Some actually cut the so called top group for another .

By: Seems
#14  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump
#15  by: Bump   

Bump

By: Bump

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.