facebook

tier

by: Tired

ive been watching this site for two years because I am a pnm. I have also visited campus and been around for charity bowl,derby day, and super bulldog weekend . I also know the "talk" around my particular hometown as to what sorority most of the girls ahead of me pledged. About 20 girls from my hometown are split between about 5 of the sororities . Most all had fabulous experience and were able to make their own choice. I will say they all preffed different combinations of the ones you all keep saying are top 4 plus phi phi.
I write this to say that some came home actually saying... No chi o was not my type, or kd was just not it, or phi mu wasn't me or just couldn't see being a dg. They're all so happy and chose where they liked. Also did NOT go as a group of friends or where their MOTHER thought they should go! Be your own self ! I can't wait to meet the different houses and see what I like! Who cares about the tier!

Posted By: Tired
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Agree   

So glad to hear and affirm that not everyone thinks the so called number one is the one everyone wants! I knew girls from my hometown chose, yes CHOSE another! they we're never cut during rush and had their pick on pref night! Remember YOU are choosing a group just like they're choosing you! sounds like pnm has a little power here, not the sorority

By: Agree
by: ...Jun 27, 2015 1:48:52 PM

She wasn't commenting on any "one" top sorority... and she also gave herself away as being from MC or that area (more than likely). Large number of girls divided between KD, Phi Mu, DG, Chi O and Pi Phi fits the demographics. All PNMs have a certain amount of power especially if they are being recruited by many sororities

By: ...
by: umJun 29, 2015 11:15:53 AM

There are MC girls in all 8 of our sororities. Mostly Chi O, KD, and Phi Mu though, then DG, DDD, Pi Phi, then ADPi and Zeta. But there are so many girls from MC in every single one of our sororities. And there are many more than 20 girls! There are tons of them.

By: um
by: NoJul 23, 2016 10:17:16 AM

It's super rare when a girl gets 2 top houses. Usually it's between a top house an Pi phi tri Delt or zeta on pref. Usually not by choice. Just because girls in top preffed that house in Pi phi doesn't mean they wanted to pref Pi phi.

By: No
#2  by: Point   

The point is :
Not everyone wants to be in your number 1?sorority.

By: Point
#3  by: Glad   

MC girls must be pretty smart to not all clump together in one group. College is about new friends and experiences .
Or is it that they are independent thinkers ! Either way . Smart.

By: Glad
#4  by: Yes   

This is so true! Pnm's shouldn't stress so much! The best advice is , if you are going to college with 5 or 6 high school friends don't plAn on being in the same sorority ! Make new friends but keep the old! They really can be summed up in one word each
Chi o . Smart
Kd . Party
Phi mu. Pretty
Dg. Competitive
Pi phi . Sweet
Ddd. Fun
Zeta. Friendly
Adpi athletic

By: Yes
by: sorry but noJun 29, 2015 2:14:57 PM

One word does not begin to describe each sorority!

smart - Chi O, KD, Phi Mu, DG, ZTA, Tri Delt, Pi Phi, ADPi; all sororities do well academically; look how close overall GPA is!
party - Chi O, KD, Phi Mu, DG, ZTA, Tri Delt, Pi Phi, ADPI; all sororities have girls who like to have fun... and sometimes a little too much fun
pretty - Chi O, KD, Phi Mu, DG, ZTA, Tri Delt, Pi Phi, ADPi; it is ludicrous to think only one sorority has the monopoly on "pretty" or pageant girls look at the Miss Mississippi post and you can easily see this
competitive - Chi O, KD, Phi Mu, DG, ZTA, Tri Delt, Pi Phi, ADPi; every single sorority on this campus is competitive and tries their hardest to always bring the trophy home to their house and to represent their sorority well
Sweet; fun; friendly, athletic - I think you get my drift! Trying to describe a group of close to 250-300 girls with one word is ridiculous. Every sorority on campus is well rounded with every personality type there is.

Don't sell our Greek system short by making such a general comment!

By: sorry but no
#5  by: Love   

Spot on

By: Love
#6  by: Agree   

Very smart!

by: AgreeJun 29, 2015 2:16:24 PM

This should have been in response to "Glad"

#7  by: @sorry but no   

You're right BUT I think she was saying if you could only use one word, those are the stereotypes for each one.

By: @sorry but no
#8  by: Msu   

The one word adjectives are kinda right. Of course there are many more but if you gotta choose one word those are it.

By: Msu
#9  by: Come on   

I'm from MC and by no way did the poster identify herself as being from MC or anywhere else. Yall are generalizing all the way around. There are many many large schools besides MC.

By: Come on
by: EehJul 1, 2015 4:54:38 PM

Yes there are ot

By: Eeh
#10  by: Op   

I'm not from mc. I believe mc has a lot more girls at state! About 20 girls spread out from freshman to seniors and 5 sororities is NOT a large number .thats only 1 or 2 per year per sorority!
The point is they all like different groups!

By: Op

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.