facebook

worried pnm!

by: yaaaaa

Hi! i have a 3.0 and 24 act, Im a legacy to both DG and CHIO. I know these houses are very centered around grades, will my legacy status help off set that? I have shining rec letters, and amazing involvement, im also very social and outgoing. What are my chances at these houses? or any house really..

Posted By: yaaaaa
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: A 3.0   

is definitely low for both DG and Chi O, but your ACT isn't terrible and if you are super well rounded otherwise and girls in the house know you then you could definitely still get a bid. When it comes to legacy its more about who you know than how good you are. I've seen several legacies get bids that were under qualified, but if a powerful enough person is pushing for them then there's no way your advisors will let them go. Just polish your resume and yourself up and get to know girls in EVERY house, you need to keep an open mind and pledge where you like best, whether it's your legacy house or not! Good luck!

By: A 3.0
#2  by: Real deal   

Honestly, the word is that chi o has lower grade standards than the other sororities. It's just that the past few years they have rushed a lot of girls with high GPAs who are also very boring. They now have a "nerdy" reputation. Sorry, it's the truth.

By: Real deal
by: @ real dealNov 17, 2014 6:53:43 AM

Truth is that Chi O has always been called "nerdy" by some people. That's been since my sister was here in 2009. Absolutely nothing new and it's part of what keeps them one of the top chapters on campus not only in grades but leadership and involvement as well.

By: @ real deal
#3  by: Op   

I don't know any of the girls in the houses. I'm oos

By: Op
by: MSUNov 18, 2014 7:30:43 AM

Try to visit during Super Bulldog weekend next spring (not sure of the date by it should be on the hailstate athletics website). There will be a Panhellenic open house when PNM can visit each sorority house.

By: MSU
by: OpNov 19, 2014 8:12:59 AM

Okay thanks so much! I'm so excited to attend here next year and I love how supportive, genuinely nice and HELPFUL all the girls on this thread have been.

By: Op
by: MSUMOM&ALUMNov 30, 2014 10:34:19 AM

You are no alone. Make it a point to get to know people during recruitment. Make friends with your fellow potential members. Most importantly, be sincere in your quest to get to know each sorority. Attach as must information about you as you can to your pan. application. Get reference letters to EVERY sorority. If you have great grades, include your transcript. Make sure you include a bio that lists your involvement in high school. Make plans to be involved at MSU. During recruitment, let the members know what groups you hope to be part of.

By: MSUMOM&ALUM

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.