facebook

fraternity hazing

by: Ellis

My little brother is coming to Mizzou this year, and I have always encouraged him to go Greek, but I don't want him to be hazed. What organizations can I suggest he rush, assuming that my definition of hazing doesn't include scavenger hunts, study hours, or other REASONABLE expectations/requirements for new members?

Posted By: Ellis
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Really?   

How about letting him live his own life and make his own choice about being Greek, just like you did.

By: Really?
by: KingOct 3, 2016 12:45:18 PM

Kappa Alpha Order, no hazing, really?

See Columbia Tribune for today's news article today about KAO being suspended.

By: King
#2  by: TuMizzou   

I think the safest bets would be Delta Upsilon, Kappa Alpha Order, Farmhouse, Pi Kappa Alpha, Phi Delta Theta, or Sigma Chi

By: TuMizzou
by: MontieJun 15, 2015 3:21:36 PM

The above are The Worst hazers along with Betas twisted mind games.

By: Montie
by: Got that right.Jun 15, 2015 3:21:47 PM

DU, and KA are for sure the safest bets. 👍

By: Got that right.
by: Really?Jun 15, 2015 3:23:59 PM

What would you rank them in order as....?

By: Really?
by: KingJun 23, 2015 9:55:48 AM

What are the mind games Beta uses?

By: King
#3  by: Based on...   

What I've heard from a former KA president about hazing, I would personally avoid that house like the plague. DU and Sigma Chi as well if your brother wants to avoid being a tool.

By: Based on...
#4  by: The Truth.   

ALL Fraternities have a strict "No Hazing" policy. Duh.

By: The Truth.
by: MontieJun 15, 2015 3:23:03 PM

Bah Ha Ha! No Frats Haze? Yeah Right!

By: Montie
by: The Truth.Jun 15, 2015 3:25:24 PM

Joke. Clearly post was a joke.... Hahaha only a select few still do anything really bad.

By: The Truth.
#5  by: @ Ellis   

If you do not want your little brother not to get hazed, here are 2 words for advice....
1. DO NOT GO GREEK
2. GO TO SCHOOL SOMEWHERE ELSE

By: @ Ellis
#6  by: asdf   

Ag Rho, Delt Sig, TKE, Lambda Chi

By: asdf
by: Eh...Jun 16, 2015 1:20:28 PM

Delt sig and lambda don't haze. I would recommend these. He should avoid delt if he doesn't want to be hazed.

But I also agree with the first rely. Let him do what he wants. It's his life. Any fraternity would be great to be in here at MU.

By: Eh...
by: nahJun 16, 2015 8:27:15 PM

lambda chi and delt sig both haze

By: nah
#7  by: hi   

KA doesn't haze too bad anymore. DU and Phi Kapp actually physically harm pledges, or did recently. Farmhouse is bad. Pike is bad. Heard mixed reviews on sig ep's hazing

By: hi
by: wrongJun 15, 2015 9:43:49 PM

KA still hazes hardcore. i know one of their pledges that told me how badly they were treated. avoid KA (they're tools anyway)

By: wrong
#8  by: Well   

Most fraternity's use pomping as a form of hazing and you can't avoid that. But since they are reducing the amount of pomps it should get better. But Delt sig doesn't haze too bad, lambda chi just has you do silly stuff same with AKL and DChi isn't too bad either. Absolutely avoid Phi Kapp, DU and KA of you are that worried about hazing.

By: Well
#9  by: A new genre   

I've heard of helicopter parents - you know, the ones who call school or argue with the coach every time little Emily doesn's get her way. But a helicopter sister? For God's sake, let the brother make up his own mind. If he cared about hazing, he could have been the one asking the question.

By: A new genre
by: EllisJun 16, 2015 2:17:19 PM

I'm his brother, and I don't think asking around is being a helicopter sibling. I of course support him making his decision for himself. We just don't have friends or family from Missouri to give us honest information.

By: Ellis
#10  by: Friend of a friend   

If your brother has no where to go to get sleep, don't pledge KA. But if he can crash on your floor, KA is awesome

By: Friend of a friend
by: juhgfJun 18, 2015 10:11:03 PM

same with phi kapp and other houses that make you live in house as a pledge

By: juhgf

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.