facebook

rushing as a transfer

by: ?

i’m transferring schools in the spring. i’m still a freshman and i’m thinking of doing formal recruitment next year if i don’t spring rush … will i have a disadvantage as a transfer? and i’ll be a sophomore by then so will that hurt my chances?

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: All Options   

I would take advantage of spring recruitment (COB) if for nothing else to visit some of the houses in a more relaxed setting without the structure/stress of formal recruitment in the fall.
Not all houses do it (as it is houses below "campus total" - a Panhellenic average of house sizes), and some that do only have a limited number of spaces for new girls).
It is also a chance to meet some girls (both in the houses and other girls also going through recruitment) outside of class and away from guys at parties.
If you are not feeling it with the houses you visit you can go through fall recruitment with some familiarty of the Greek system.
You may find a house you really click with during COB, maybe not. Either way, it is a no lose situation for you.

By: All Options
by: ExceptNov 27, 2023 3:35:16 PM

If someone comes to our house during COBing and we are not interested, we wouldn't be interested in fall, either, when the competition is even stiffer.

By: Except
#2  by: @Except   

...and your point is?

The original poster asked about the pro's and con's of Spring COB for a new transfer. Someone else responded with some pretty good reasons to give it a try.

Then you come on and make a pretty judgmental comment.

You sound like a real hag. I am glad we are not in the same house. (And I can say that because my house does not do spring COB, but apparently your house does.)

By: @Except
#3  by: .   

i thought spring rush was more competitive than formal? is that not true??

By: .
by: ehhhhDec 1, 2023 9:58:48 AM

Fewer spots, but a LOT less girls participating. Also less pressure overall. However, at some houses they already know exactly who they want before it starts (though you could say the same for fall rush with some houses).

Definitely less drama than fall rush.

By: ehhhh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.