facebook

popular opinions no one wants to admit

by: fr

1. Theta has many interesting girls and is not a "top house" like they say they are. The girls are nice, don't get me wrong, but they are very socially awkward which hurts their image greatly.
2. ADPi is on the major decline. Their sisterhood is weak and their own members complain all the time which is embarrassing.
3. Gphi actually has really nice girls for being a "hot house", they get too much hate for being dumb.
4. ChiO, Kappa, and PiPhi are the strongest houses on campus. They have the most STABLE members who stay all four years. They also have a lot of money from alum which helps a lot.
5. PiPhi may be stable, but they have a lot of internal drama.

Posted By: fr
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Give it a rest   

Nice try, Kappa, But no one made you the final arbiter of Greek Life. You house is full of PiPhi, Theta and ChiO wannabes. You'll be better off if you just admit it.

By: Give it a rest
by: MehSep 8, 2023 5:15:05 PM

I just went through rush and honestly couldn’t tell you the difference between chi o, pi phi and kappa other than chi o and phi phi had stricter grade cuts and cut more people after round 1. They all seem like good houses

By: Meh
by: OkaySep 9, 2023 12:17:24 AM

As someone who was on the other side of recruitment this year in one of those “top houses” kappa took a lot of our rush crushes, but I also know we took some of theirs too.

By: Okay
by: Thank GoodnessSep 9, 2023 3:00:35 PM

I was asked back to ADPi and Kappa on the last day. I looked around the room at each and asked myself if I could picture myself being "sisters" with the people in the room. My answer at Kappa was "ah hell no." So I suicided ADPi and am as happy as can be. Kappa has such a chip on its shoulder and this site proves it.

By: Thank Goodness
by: WellSep 9, 2023 3:38:13 PM

Sounds like kappa dodged a bullet with you then lol

By: Well
by: AbsolutelySep 10, 2023 2:13:33 PM

Yes, Kappa dodged a bullet. Because she, like so many other women, didn't want to be a Kappa. Kappa is the last choice among people who can make grade cuts. Kappa has no identity of its own other than members wishing they had made it into a better house. I am a Kappa legacy and my sister went to a large midwestern university where Kappa is a top house. She told me not to bother with Mizzou Kappa, that the house has major problems. Hope its national does something about this.

By: Absolutely
#2  by: Yep   

No because this is actually all spot on. I think this is the general consensus

By: Yep
#3  by: Lol   

You have ADPi correct. You must be blind if you think GPhi are the hot ones. GPhi is on a huge decline with ADPi, AXO and Theta and APHi. Kappa has a ton of drops and couldn't even get their NM last year to turn in grades. The only thing they have is a decent house and alumnis that come here, clinging to the past unable to accept their house isn't that great anymore. PiPhi isn't even close to stable, they also have a lot of drops and don't even respect their sisterhood. Theta is just OK. ChiO thinks more of themselves than anyone does on campus.

By: Lol
by: SoSep 9, 2023 7:13:45 PM

You literally just sound like such a hater. Did you just get dropped by everyone or something?

By: So
by: Yeah Sep 9, 2023 7:20:20 PM

Are there any houses that you don’t have a problem with?

By: Yeah
by: Nice trySep 9, 2023 10:06:55 PM

You wouldn't know a good house if it bit you in the a$s. That's probably because you specnt precious little time in any of the good houses during rush.

By: Nice try
by: LolSep 10, 2023 9:28:40 AM

Yep, I can point out the flaws in every house except one, PhiMu. They lost their sister unexpectedly last year and any decent person would leave them alone. You assume I am not in a house mentioned, that's cute. If any of you actually went here you would know that not every house came out of the virtual recruitment on top and there is a shift in perception of houses outside of greek town. Some houses tried to stick to their regular recruitment standards and now lowered theirs because it didn't work and they lost members. Some changed a bit and come out with more members. Just so you don't confuse yourselves, I am a senior and I love my sisters and my house. Just because we have issues or are declining, doesn't mean we hate our house or another. Unless we really see ourselves as others do, we can't fix anything. If you can't list every houses' flaws and what people not in greek town think, you live in the greek town bubble and I feel bad for you. There is literally like 80 or so percent on campus who isn't in greek life and some of y'all need to look at you house a little more carefully because y'all are in trouble.

By: Lol
by: KSep 10, 2023 11:29:43 AM

Nah you’re just a bitter girl who probably got dropped from all the good houses so you’re dragging them. We all know.

By: K
#4  by: No   

It doesn’t matter that you don’t like the way they look. Theta gets exactly who they want. In fact, I would bet they have the highest mutual pref rate of all the houses aside from maybe tri Delt (who pretty much always gets all the prom queen types). They select a very specific type of girl and that girl wants them back. It’s truly impressive. Most of the girls I know in Theta went into recruitment with their hearts set on Theta. That’s what I think makes a top tier house - the undeniable mutual selection

By: No
by: hmmmmSep 11, 2023 8:36:19 PM

Then they aren't reaching for the stars if they are getting who they want. They play it safe during recruitment, a clever way to secure a decent return rate. Good for them! I mean, I'm just saying what a lot of people think. They must KNOW not to try for the best girls because they know they won't get them over the top chapters here. They most definitely have a "type". I'll politely call them a B team.

By: hmmmm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.