facebook

Zeta has a huge class

by: Trumans gf

Did y’all peep zeta’s insta story? It’s seeming like they gave about 100 girls bids… Mizzou hasn’t had a PC that large since for years. So did every take about 75-85 girls? Was freshman enrollment up? I’m just happy to see Mizzou quota up, and actually making our Greek life comparable to other SEC schools like UGA Uark, and UTK. Would I love to see it get to a point where you all are taking 120-140 like Alabama of course, but it’s not going to happen. Midwesterners don’t raise their daughters out the womb to be sorority women like they do in Alabama and Mississippi

Posted By: Trumans gf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Zeta love   

Zeta had a great recruitment but that picture is their whole house, not just the women who got bids today.

By: Zeta love
#2  by: Tiger   

Ehhh I don't think I'd want pledge classes as big as some southern schools. My pledge class is pretty tight knit and I have friends at those schools who feel like there are a lot of strangers in their sorority.

By: Tiger
#3  by: Miz   

ZTA did break 100 this year. They had a great recruitment

By: Miz
by: NahAug 21, 2023 3:15:25 PM

Y'all don't seem to understand that taking a much larger class is the opposite of a great recruitment. It means they took more quota additions, which is only for weaker recruiting houses. When a house can not be selective due to their rankings by the pnm's being low, they have to take more at each round. This means their prefs are much larger and that they end up taking the largest number of quota addtions. Stronger recruiting chapters take less at each round and end up with exactly quota or just a small number over.

By: Nah
#4  by: Not How Quota+ Works   

Nah, that’s not exactly how quota additions work. Yes, if a house is below total they can take additions to get them up to total. However, if a PNM maximizes her options and doesn’t match on any pref list before quota is reached, the current system allows additions in favor of the PNM. If you accept every invite permitted on your card from first round of cuts through pref and list every house you attended at pref, you (as a PNM) are guaranteed a bid per NPC formula. Therefore, houses who are at the permitted number CAN take additions if it is the way a PNM matches when everything is run through the system. It is in the NPC rules. One of the houses to which she accepted a pref invite will end up with her if the rules were followed by the chapter and the PNM both.

That being said, a house with fewer invites/higher return rates/larger active numbers most likely does take fewer additions because it’s going to be rare cases when addition match that way.

Quota additions are not just for “weaker chapters.”

By: Not How Quota+ Works
#5  by: Not How Quota+ Works   

Nah, that’s not exactly how quota additions work. Yes, if a house is below total they can take additions to get them up to total. However, if a PNM maximizes her options and doesn’t match on any pref list before quota is reached, the current system allows additions in favor of the PNM. If you accept every invite permitted on your card from first round of cuts through pref and list every house you attended at pref, you (as a PNM) are guaranteed a bid per NPC formula. Therefore, houses who are at the permitted number CAN take additions if it is the way a PNM matches when everything is run through the system. It is in the NPC rules. One of the houses to which she accepted a pref invite will end up with her if the rules were followed by the chapter and the PNM both.

That being said, a house with fewer invites/higher return rates/larger active numbers most likely does take fewer additions because it’s going to be rare cases when addition match that way.

Quota additions are not just for “weaker chapters.”

By: Not How Quota+ Works
#6  by: really   

It’s that big because they didn’t make quota - they had to offer a bunch of snap bids. Expect a lot of these ladies to drop before second semester.

By: really
#7  by: sig ep   

Miz Zeta is considered a mega chapter by their nationals, so they are pushed to get their pc numbers above 100 to continue to have nationals fund them. They met quota and then COBed about 30 girls who all went to pref at zeta but were dropped by them

By: sig ep
by: I don't get itSep 14, 2023 11:24:39 AM

Why would a sorority take women that they cut?

By: I don't get it
#8  by: Sig Ep Doesn’t Get It   

@Sig Ep - if they went to their pref round, they weren’t “dropped by them.” It you attend pref, you must be somewhere on the house’s bid list. You may be the very bottom girl on their list, but if you make it to pref, you aren’t dropped. You are on the list. The girl may have preffed the other house top and been low enough on both lists to not get in, or may have not maximized her options as someone mentioned above & suicided the other house, not gotten in, and have been offered a snap by ZTA, but they weren’t “dropped” if they were at pref.

By: Sig Ep Doesn’t Get It
by: CorrectionSep 16, 2023 9:43:18 AM

Just one correction, you can't get a snap if you suicide bid. I am kind of sure you also can't COB either. The rest is accurate. It's a numbers game.

By: Correction
by: I still don't get itSep 16, 2023 12:39:55 PM

If they were on the list, why weren't they chosen? Or if they were at the bottom of the list, why are they suddenly so desirable? I would hate to be taken by a house just so they can please their national and pad their profits. I guess I would prefer to be in a house that really wanted me. Silly, I know.

By: I still don't get it
#9  by: Weird    

There are some weird chicks in zeta. Just saying.

By: Weird

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.