facebook

When Will They Ever Learn?

by: concerned Greek

Or should I say When will "WE" ever learn? Obviously, I'm thinking about the very recent Fiji debacle and knowing fully of other fraternities skating on thin ice and risking their presence on campus and bring more shame and dishonor to Greek Life. Fiji has been back on campus approximately only 12 years since a previous suspension. Farmhouse, KA (alcohol poisoning involved here, too), Kappa Sig, AKL and Sig Ep are among those most recently back with Lambda and Delta Sig gone and Sig Chi and SAE still gone. Phi Psi, Phi Delt, DU, ATO have experienced suspensions. A majority of Mizzou fraternities have had at least some sort of disciplinary action or probation in the past 10 years. Wasn't it just 2019 - two years ago, that a major revamping of Mizzou Greek Life occurred bringing new rules, regulations, restrictions, etc. Why can't be pay attention and learn? Is it that our attitude is too much "it's all about me/us", "ah, it won't happen to me/us", "rules don't apply to me/us", etc.? Seriously, what's it gonna take? Even past deaths rooted in hazing/alcohol haven't been a wake up call. I can no more make excuses for what fraternities - including my own - do and try to get away with. Maybe instead of "When Will They Ever Learn" it's "Oh Hell, They'll Never Learn"!

Posted By: concerned Greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: The Real Truth   

I see my post was deleted. What's the matter Greeks, are you afraid of the truth. Here's a news flash....Greek life is dying all across the country and it is going to continue until the current members wake up and start smelling the Starbucks. To future PNM's, DO WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Put it the better use. Greek Life is on the way out and the WOKE Movement will make that happen.

By: The Real Truth
by: ClarificationOct 25, 2021 5:34:14 PM

Greek Life isn't dying, frat life is. The only men who seem to join are bros who think the rules don't apply to them. Surprise! However, sororities seem to be alive and well.

By: Clarification
by: CorrectOct 26, 2021 11:54:00 AM

The woke movement is making fraternities obsolete. When fraternities decided their business model was getting women drunk and taking advantage of them, it started their quick downward spiral. We are seeing the effects: Fraternities getting kicked off campus and bright sorority women wanting nothing to do with them. And yet they wonder why.

By: Correct

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.