facebook

the middle tier

by: curious

As much argument that goes on about top tier, I think for the most part we can agree on Kappa, Tridelt, Pi phi, and Chi o. I am in one of these houses. The real discussion starts when trying to rank within the middle tier. My personal opinion is as follows:

MIDDLE TIER:

1.KAO
2.GPB
3.Adpi
4. Aphi/DG
5.AXO
6.ZTA
7.KD

Reasons will be listed below

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: OP   

1.KAO: smart, competitive, involved. If they were more like-able, tried a little less (they're classic try-hards), and recruited prettier girls, they could be top. Frats still want to pair with them.

2.GPB: i know i'll get some heat for putting them above Adpi but this is my honest opinion. They're ridiculously good-looking and like-able, not only by fraternities but almost every Gphi i've met is actually pretty nice. Of course there are bad seeds but this is my opinion of the majority. They may not win things or try super hard, but they're still involved and seem to have a pretty good sisterhood. Their recruitment was spectacular. Looks mainly puts them here.

3.Adpi: Too many strange girls (more than theta). Competitive, involved, and seem to have a strong sisterhood but the reality is that the girls are just strange and not so attractive. Top frats aren't really looking to pair with them.

By: OP
by: OPJan 2, 2014 1:22:05 PM

4.(DG and APHI are interchangable, hard to distinguish which one is higher)

-DG: this house has notably fallen, but for some reason still attracts wealthy, attractive girls during recruitment. Girls are somewhat catty. Good frats still love to pair with them. The mix of attractive girls, reputation for wealth, notorious cattyness, and the hazing fiasco make it hard to find a good place for this house.

-Aphi: although 2013 was a successful year for aphi, one hot pledge class doesn't necessarily mean that the house is improving THAT much. Girls are still pretty average in looks, but their personalities surpass that of the DGs. Also decently involved. Just average house all around, in a positive way.

5. AXO: average chi omega. Enough said. Nothing good, nothing bad. They don't stand out.

6/7: ZTA/KD: not much to say about these houses. Both are arguably bottom of mid tier or top of bottom tier. Both have many drawbacks. Not really relevant when discussing mid tier because I feel we can all agree they belong at the bottom.

By: OP
by: for sureJan 2, 2014 3:45:02 PM

G Phi is a rough looking house. ^^ I agree

By: for sure
#2  by: Nice try   

But most of us DON'T agree that Kappa is top tier. It was on the verge of getting there, but lately they have been all over this site talking themselves up. That's just one of the reasons why they haven't made it yet. If you rein in your activity on this website and stop recruiting the random, odd girls, you might make it to top year. Just a few years this house was firmly in the middle of the middle tier, so they are going in the right direction. Just don't try so hard, Kappa. It smacks of desperation. Plus I wonder if you are really Greek at all since I have NEVER seen anyone abbreviate Gamma Phi and GPB. That would be Gamma Pi Beta, and everyone who knows the Greek alphabet knows how wrong that is.

By: Nice try
by: umJan 2, 2014 1:49:07 PM

1 - your obsession with hating kappa is completely irrelevant to this post.
2 - you're clearly lacking intelligence because at schools all over the country and on their greek rank, Gphi is sometimes abbreviated as GPB. Newsflash, the greek letter "phi" also starts with a P.

By: um
by: YupJan 2, 2014 1:57:51 PM

My obsession. I've posted ONCE on this topic. And you will have to show me an example of a Gamma Phi wearing a GPB T-shirt.

By: Yup
by: hahaJan 2, 2014 2:25:16 PM

Haha you're an idiot. Go on any big 10 greek rank page and you'll see GPB being used in posts. If I could post pictures of GR i'd gladly show you a formal t-shirt from Wisconsin with GPB on the front. Quit embarrassing yourself.

By: haha
#3  by: Zeta    

Zeta is not middle tier. They have well documented retention issues, as well as bad standing/reputation with other houses, and not classy AT ALL.

By: Zeta
by: Ru!Jan 2, 2014 6:20:56 PM

THANK
YOU!
Stop posting on here zeta!

By: Ru!
#4  by: No   

Also it's very easy to distinguish which house is better between DG and APhi. APhi never hazed their girls and weren't caught shot gunning beers outside the Rec, plus they actually have pretty girls. There's no discussion here. APhi is better than DG any day of the week. This isn't 2004 anymore and DG isn't close to the top anymore.

By: No
by: noJan 2, 2014 1:56:43 PM

DG is WAY prettier than aphi. And shot-gunning beers outside the rec isn't the end of the world, it's college.

By: no
#5  by: DG   

DG is the craziest house on campus.... not at all in a good way.

By: DG

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.