facebook

up and coming

by: YaThink?

So I think we know that the sororities at Mizzou ebb and flow. A few years ago Theta was indisputably a top house and now, not so much. The same can be said about Delta. Both are rather one-dimensional (in different says, of course). And the consensus lately has been that Alpha Phi is on the rise (if only it had a prettier house - as in residence). So this is where I see them headed:
Top tier (in no order):
Delta - falling slightly
Kappa - rising slightly
PiPhi - staying the same
ADPi - Rising slightly
ChiO - Holding steady, but they have to make sure the odd girls don't take over
Mid-tier
Theta - staying about the same now that it's mid-tier
GPhi - falling
APhi - Rising
DG - Holding stead after a big fall in recent years
AXO - Holding steady after a few years of being on the rise
Zeta - on the rise, with prettier girls and more involvement
Low tier
KD - Falling slightly, but a pretty pledge class could send them to mid-tier
Sigma - holding steady, but if they work on their grades they could rise
PhiMu - Holding steady, but their strong sisterhood may help them rise
SK - on the rise, simply because there is really no history there (yet)

Posted By: YaThink?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yeah   

This is perfect.

By: Yeah
by: Shut itDec 16, 2013 10:13:26 PM

Except zeta is a bottom tier house. Under KD for sure. And no I'm not a KD. Anyone read that thread on "the worst houses?" Zeta doesn't cut it for mid tier, not when they can't make the grades, have one of the smallest houses, bottom 3 in retention. Sorry, SK is even ranked above you at this point. Please stop making these threads now. Kthxbye!

By: Shut it
by: ActuallyDec 17, 2013 11:06:55 AM

SK is not ranked above Zeta, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. SK is for sure on the rise, and they're a new house so it's expected for them to have some issues at the start. Maybe in a few years they'll pass Zeta and make it into the mid tier, that is if Zeta doesn't move up? Both houses are kind of on the rise, I guess it'll be interesting to see who wants it more and makes it happen.

By: Actually
by: WelllllDec 19, 2013 8:20:01 PM

In terms of who is actually liked, SK is ahead of Zeta. Zeta pissed a lot of people off. Same with retention. Zeta can’t claim to be moving up when they’ve lost more members than any other bottom tier house. I’d put Zeta below SK, Sigma, and Phi Mu.

By: Welllll
#2  by: Add    

Adpi isn't top tier and phi mu has problems retraining members so I wouldn't agree that they have a strong sisterhood.

By: Add
#3  by: one thing   

This is pretty accurate except for one thing. Lately Kappa has been all over this site trying to convince us it's top tier. It is improving, but still mid-tier because of it's still kind of all over the place - some amazing girls and some not amazing at all. It has a way to go before PNMs consistently make it their No. 1 choice. Otherwise the rest of the list is correct.

By: one thing
by: NoDec 17, 2013 9:33:50 AM

They deserve top. Not a middle tier house even I know that.

By: No
#4  by: Eh   

This post has some flaws. Adpi isn't top and zeta is a bottom tier house

By: Eh
#5  by: Kappa and ADPi   

Kappa and ADPi not top! Everyone knows that! Get off this site.. Self rankers!

By: Kappa and ADPi
by: AgreeDec 17, 2013 2:03:33 PM

Agree!^^^

By: Agree
by: LolDec 17, 2013 7:18:40 PM

Wait, so someone who's both a kappa and adpi created this post? Hmmm interesting

By: Lol
by: NoDec 17, 2013 8:58:39 PM

I'm a pi phi and I agree kappa is top? You don't have to be a kappa to think kappa is top. Chill out guys. They're just a good house. If they aren't who else is? Just chi o?

By: No
#6  by: Wrong   

Zeta is below SK and KD. And I think most people see them as falling, or barely staying afloat with sk and sigma out recruiting them this year.

By: Wrong
#7  by: Sheesh   

What is it about "in no order" that you people can't seem to understand?????????? And, no, Zeta is NOT below SK and KD. There are many times that I see someone in ZETA letters and I think, what a nice surprise. I can assure you that never happens with KD. As for SK, how in the world can you say they are rising or falling when they are barely established on campus?

By: Sheesh
by: come onDec 17, 2013 2:05:16 PM

she spelled it out right there, sk is rising because they're at the very bottom as it is. and can you deny it? they outplaced phi mu and sigma in hoco and pulled off pretty impressive pomp boards for their first time. they placed in rams, they are in the running to win arms. everything they've tried their hand out they've done very well for a new house. i'm not saying they're anything but bottom tier but they're trying really hard to do well.

By: come on
by: GabbaDec 17, 2013 4:23:39 PM

Zeta is most definelty below KD at least. SK maybe too premature. zeta has been doing better, but so has every house around them, and that's why they're bottom three or four. Face it, they would have nothing compared to the other bottom tier houses if it wasn't for their better looks. Horrible retention, poor sisterhood, bad relations with other sororities, bottom in grades, and trying to be more involved but 1 placement in hc doesn't give you much credit. Sorry but they are no where close to mid tier.

By: Gabba
#8  by: um   

um there are ALOT of gorgeous kd's and sk's they just dont recruit based on looks...
sk is on the rise because they started from the bottom (no dey here)
there are alot of beautiful zetas too but they have been acting crazy on this site

frankly, there are beautiful girls everywhere at mizzou and that should not be a factor

By: um
by: HaDec 17, 2013 4:29:40 PM

someone please enlighten me with how delta is "falling"? The house gets criticized for having only pretty girls, so when the past few pledge classes have recruited well rounded girls that are smart too, they somehow get criticized AGAIN for not being pretty enough? Hmm makes no sense to me. Top and staying there.

By: Ha
by: lolDec 17, 2013 9:00:59 PM

Kk delta, whatever you say. Get off this site. The only ones who still think delta is stop are the deltas themselves. Now LEAVE until you show us something other than decent looks and a handful of smart kids. No one cares.

By: lol
#9  by: It's true   

Some houses are on the rise because they are at the absolute bottom and have nowhere else to go. But whether they succeed and get some respect will depend on what they are doing to get better. It starts with higher standards, in many cases. If you let it be known you will take just anyone, then you are pretty much guaranteed to not ever be known as a quality house.

By: It's true

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.