facebook

to the incoming freshmen

by: PHAL

I know there are freshmen on here that want to rush, but I just wanted to let you guys know that you really shouldn't read too much into this website. The majority if greeks do NOT come on here, and a lot of the girls on here are much more hateful than the greek community as a whole.

Another thing to keep in mind: sure, there are "top" houses that obviously have better grades and tend to do better in Hoco/Greek Week. But just keep in mind that there are 15 houses here, and ALL of them have something to offer. Keep an open mind, let the girls make their first impression - don't get it off of this silly website. The only house that matters is the house YOU can see yourself in, the house where the girls share your same values, where the girls have your same sense of humor, where you have those conversations that make you feel like you've known those girls for years. And maybe for you that's a "top" house, which is great! But if it's not, that's STILL great because you're in a place where you'll be happy and comfortable.

Just something to think about! Good luck and welcome to Mizzou, ladies! :)

Posted By: PHAL
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: but the truth   

except there will be people who will judge you based on your house. Usually that goes away when you become an upperclassmen and people start to mature. I'm in a bottom tier house here and when I used to go to frat parties as a freshman I would get asked (by both the guys and other girls there) what house I was in. When they heard they were surprised because "I didn't seem to fit the stereotype." They were never mean, but they would act differently towards me after I told them what house I was in. I love my sorority but there are people out there who still think they're better than you just because they're in a "better" house. It's really quite sad :(

By: but the truth
#2  by: bump   

BUMP this is important for PNMs to see!

By: bump
#3  by: RUSH   

This is literally so true! If you look at any other university on this site there isn't even HALF as much discussion as Mizzou's greek life has produced. The only way to go through rush and to be genuinely happy in your house is to find the place that's right for you. Find the house with girls that are easy to talk to and have similar interests. Coming in with a closed mind and firm stereotypes is no way to make yourself available to find the perfect sisters for you. My sister is about to go through rush at another school and the only advice I've given her is to keep an open mind and to put all rankings and other people's opinions aside. This is your time to choose a group of ladies you will be associated with the rest of your life. Choose a house that you love in every respect and would be proud to wear your letters.

By: RUSH

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.