facebook

what possible reason?

by: Why>>>

I just came across this site and I am astounded. I may be obtuse, but I really can't figure out why some girls get off on saying spiteful things about some sororities. They make things up without having any proof, they accuse different houses of really awful things and then point their fingers as if they know who is to blame. I am 19 and having the time of my life at Mizzou and in my sorority. Is it top tier, middle tier bottom tier? I don't know and I don't care. But I am fascinated and flummoxed at the same time with people who aren't happy unless they are spreading lies. I mean, who does that? And are they proud of themselves? I really want to know.

Posted By: Why>>>
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

Obtuse and flummoxed, like really? Look I'm a Com and English double major and I never use words like that. It makes you sound like a twit, knock it off.

By: Well
#2  by: Proof positive   

What possible reason would someone have to lie about being an English and Com (whatever that is, because it's NOT in the Journalism School) major and then use neanderthal sentence construction that includes "like really" and improper punctuation in the sentence: "It makes you sound like a twit, knock it off." Any English major would know those are two distinct thoughts and should be separated a semicolon or should be two sentences. And, yes, I am a member of a house that is known for high GPAs. Tell me, who exactly is the twit?And please enlighten me. Is majoring in "com" just something people do when they don't make it into the J-School?

By: Proof positive
#3  by: great   

this is an amazing comment <3

By: great
#4  by: Funny   

So there ARE some smart people who read this stuff. Who would have guessed? One other thing about the first reply: if she really were an English major she would have put a comma after "Look."

By: Funny
#5  by: Whoa   

What have we learned here? Well, first and foremost we now know that an English degree from Mizzou means absolutely nothing. We have two examples of members of this not-so-esteemed specialty who can't put proper sentences together. The first writes like a third-grader. The second starts her diatribe against criticism with an incomplete sentence. She then refers to a plural subject (grammar and sentence structure) with the singular "it." Then she brings it on home by telling us that grammar and sentence structure are so overwhelmingly difficult that even an English major can't possibly understand. Here's a news flash, Sweetie: it's not that hard. Journalism majors who are required to take the introductory copy editing class could edit your work with one hand tied behind their AP Stylebook. They also aren't intimidated by the words "obtuse" and "flummoxed." Consider this: if grammar gives you the vapors, try being an engineering or accounting major. Imagine the big words THEY use!

By: Whoa

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.