facebook

cobing? help!!!

by: Anon

Hey ladies, I wasn't able to participate in formal recruitment but a couple of really sweet girls in some of my classes mentioned cob. They are in kappa kappa gamma and kappa alpha theta but they weren't sure about all the logistics. Do you guys know who is going to cob? They really love their sororities and have made me really consider greek life.

Posted By: Anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

If this is at all true, which I highly doubt because houses like KKG and Theta rarely COB, then they will only have a few spots open. You need to stay in close contact with these girls telling you about COB and be sure they put in a good word for you. If KKG and Theta ARE COBing they will be very selective and it will be very, very quiet so you need to know somebody on the inside.

By: Guest
by: SorryNov 25, 2013 6:13:29 PM

I am very sorry if I offended you. They didn't say their houses were going to but that they know others did.

By: Sorry
by: GuestNov 25, 2013 8:20:11 PM

No offense taken! I'm just letting you know that it's not very common for either of those houses to COB so if it is true, you really want to stay in touch with those girls to maximize your chances :)

By: Guest
#2  by: Thread   

The only houses that COB are the ones that have problems retaining members or their nationals are making them. Typical houses that COB: phi mu, zeta, sigma, and now SK.

By: Thread
by: i thinkNov 25, 2013 4:29:27 PM

There's no shame in houses that COB. I think you forget about girls who transfer or graduate. That factors into whether or not a house will COB as well as dropping, girls being cut, those kinds of things.

By: i think
#3  by: ...   

The house that COBs is a smart house. EVERY house has women who have to drop for financial circumstances. I promise you, this happens to every house. It doesn't matter if you are top tier or bottom tier, if a parent loses a job or your parents get divorced, you can have sudden financial difficulty EVERY house has women who graduate in December, and they are able to replace that senior with a freshman through COB. EVERY house has women who transfer, sometimes for financial reasons, sometimes for personal reasons, whatever.

By: ...
#4  by: ...   

The house that COBs is a smart house. EVERY house has women who have to drop for financial circumstances. I promise you, this happens to every house. It doesn't matter if you are top tier or bottom tier, if a parent loses a job or your parents get divorced, you can have sudden financial difficulty EVERY house has women who graduate in December, and they are able to replace that senior with a freshman through COB. EVERY house has women who transfer, sometimes for financial reasons, sometimes for personal reasons, whatever.

By: ...
#5  by: Heard   

Sounds like zeta will be COBing soon. Dunno if if want to join that mess of a house though. Kinda crazyyy.

By: Heard

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.