facebook

pi phi hazing?

by: anon

im in high school and really interested in pi phi just because im a double legacy, but as i've read some comments from past years a lot of stuff has come up about pi phi hazing their babies? this is the first time ive ever heard anything like that and am just wondering what exactly the rumors were and if anything came of it

Posted By: anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

The rumor was that Pi Phi forced their babies from the 2012-2013 fall pledge class to drink on bid day using intimidation and that they got caught with weed in their house. I don't know any Pi Phis and there's nothing on the PHA website about sanctions so at this point it is all rumors and nothing has been proven or punished. That being said I would not rush Pi Phi just because you're a double legacy. Pi Phi here doesn't care that much about legacy status and legacies can and do get cut all the time. Expand your horizons, try to shine in each house because setting your hopes in one house is a good way to get disappointed.

By: Well
by: WellNov 24, 2013 11:18:55 PM

I realize the way I worded that sounded like I was telling you not to rush Pi Phi at all and that's not what I meant. Pi Phi is wonderful just like all of our houses. It's just that their grade cut-off is insanely high and they are hard to get into, being a legacy doesn't matter that much. SO when you rush, keep Pi Phi in mind but also try and give a good impression everywhere :)

By: Well
#2  by: TheTruth   

PiPhi cares a lot about legacies and gives them every consideration. But they could fill more than an entire pledge class just with legacies, as could many of the top houses who have been on campus since the beginning. So like most of the other strong sororities on campus, PiPhi cares even more about choosing the most outstanding women going through recruitment. Being a legacy just doesn't mean much in this day and age unless you can also compete in every other area. Sorry to say it, but that's the truth.

By: TheTruth
#3  by: ha   

everyone is a legacy and pi phi for sure hazes

By: ha
#4  by: Just    

Just stay away from DG. They DO haze and it has been proven.

By: Just
by: Yes Nov 25, 2013 8:33:07 AM

DG is the only house that has been caught and punished for hazing. Everything else is here-say.

By: Yes
#5  by: Original poster   

I don't want this to become a thread about Pi Phi's grade cut off and what not, and I never said that I specifically just want Pi phi. I was just curious about the hazing situation

By: Original poster

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.