facebook

houses with golden girls?

by: cheer

I'm looking to rush next year and will be trying out for the Golden Girls! What houses have golden girls in them? I was also wondering, for you ladies that are currently golden girls and in a sorority, is it tough to balance both? Thanks!

Posted By: cheer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: golden   

many houses have golden girls, so you most likely will have a sister who can show you the ropes! If your house has mandatory events scheduled at the same time as a golden girl event, they should be understandable. don't worry about the stress to do both, you can make it work!

By: golden
#2  by: your best bet   

Alpha Phi.

By: your best bet
#3  by: Surprised   

I have to say that with all of the activities available to women that enrich their mind and help their career, I am surprised Golden Girls and cheerleaders still exist. I can't say I know anyone in my house who thinks it's cool to put on the equivalent of a spangly one-piece swim suit and parade around a stadium giving men a thrill.

By: Surprised
#4  by: golden girls   

theta, tridelt, dg, gphi, adpi, kappa, pi phi all have golden girls

By: golden girls
#5  by: friends   

AXO has a few golden girls and a baton twirler! I know Kappa and gphi have golden girls as well! I don't think any of them have trouble balancing both the sorority and the dance team. Hope that helps!

By: friends
by: ZouFanNov 3, 2013 8:31:33 PM

I know Tri-Delt, GPhi, APhi & maybe PiPhi always seem to have Golden Girls as members. You can always research the requirements online and/or email the coach.

By: ZouFan
#6  by: ???   

Who could possibly care? I'm with the earlier poster who says activities like golden girlz and cheerleaders really are demeaning and should be a thing of the past. Really, if your only talent is flaunting your body with cheesy dance moves, you need to aim a little higher.

By: ???
by: shut upNov 4, 2013 4:48:10 PM

You sound like a mom, get out of here. The poor girl was just asking a question. Go preach about your lame ass beliefs somewhere else. They're young, they're hot, and they're actually REALLY talented and im sorry you have a major stick up your ass and are worrying your day away about something being "demeaning" like get a life.

By: shut up
by: IndeedNov 4, 2013 5:01:16 PM

I couldn't agree more. I sometimes read this website when I am studying in the Med Library. I am a nursing major but I am, surrounded by outstanding men and women who are really working hard to make something of themselves and who are making sacrifices for their career. It's not easy and sometimes there aren't enough hours in a day. And then I read about someone whose only worry is whether she will have time to balance sorority activities and golden girl practice. And I wonder if she even plans to study?

By: Indeed
by: USANov 4, 2013 5:12:27 PM

the golden girls is a dance team, which happens to be a sport. hundreds of women participate in sports at Mizzou, are you saying they shouldn't try to be well-rounded and participate in physical activity, working on a team, and learning how to manage their time? Most these girls have done dance all their lives and work extremely hard to compete at a national level. If you think they're sideline dances at football games is all they do, take a few minutes to search them on youtube and watch some of their performances.

By: USA
#7  by: Funny   

Golden Girls a sport? Too funny. More likely it is made up of women who can't compete at a legitimate sport. When "dance" has NCAA standards, national recruiting, expert rankings, record books and international Olympic competition, I will consider it a sport. Until then, it's just a bunch of hot girls who like to flaunt their bodies.

By: Funny
#8  by: Sorry   

I know two Golden Girls. One is from my high school and the other is (or was) in my biology class (I think she dropped). Anyway, you add their IQs together and you still come up with a moron. I'm sure they are "well trained," as the above poster said. So is my dog, and he's a lot smarter.

By: Sorry
#9  by: let me educate you.   

sport
spôrt/Submit
noun
1. an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

The amount of dedication, precision, agility, grace, and discipline that dancers go through in their training requires just as much athleticism as a wide receiver, a volleyball player, or a 2nd basemen. It is something you pour your blood, sweat, and tears into. Hours of training. Living at your dance studio. Understanding what it means to tell your friends, "I can't, I have rehearsal."

Anyone who attacks dance and says it is not a sport — I'm looking at you "Funny" from post #7 — clearly has never taken a single dance class.

As someone else mentioned, the GGs are not just flaunting their bodies and doing simple pom routines at sporting events. They also compete at a national level with choreography that most people wouldn't even have the guts to attempt to mimic while three sheets to the wind at 10 Below, let alone execute the choreography with the performance and technique that makes dance physically demanding.

By: let me educate you.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.