facebook

greek week pairings

by: wtf

Random greek week pairings?????

Posted By: wtf
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Yeah    

I HEARD THE SAME THING. Apparently they're sick of power pairings and they're drawing pairings out of a hat. What do y'all think of this? Will it switch things up or do you think big power houses (Lambda Chi/Beta/etc) will just give up if they get paired with a house they hate?

By: Yeah
by: yaOct 31, 2013 12:04:32 AM

fraternities/sororities won't try/participate because the will be put with a pairing they won't want to be with. Not good for greek life at all. Also I guess doing well in hoco means nothing since greek week pairings are random?

By: ya
#2  by: Sucks   

Yeah that sucks. But I heard there was a petition online going around that people can sign so this doesn't happen. Don't know if it's true or not

By: Sucks
#3  by: Petition!   

There is! Haha it's going around my chapter. \n\n\n\n\nwww.ipetitions.com/petition/greeks-for-choice-of-g reek-week-pairings/

By: Petition!
by: Petition!Oct 31, 2013 8:12:06 AM

www.ipetitions.com/petition/greeks-for-choice-of-greek-week- pairings/

By: Petition!
#4  by: Please   

Sign it!!!

By: Please
#5  by: Talk   

The only ones who are excited about this are the houses that never place...

By: Talk
by: ((Oct 31, 2013 2:17:44 PM

You'd be excited too and every year your hard work/talent was wasted on some fraternity that didn't care. This gives houses that have the talent but not the popularity to actually show what they're made on. You're only as strong as your weakest link. I welcome the challenge. It'll shake things up.

By: ((
#6  by: well   

i have a bunch of guy friends in top frat houses and they said that unless they get put with a top house they are going to pull out of greek week. why would they try and spend money to be with a bad house

By: well
by: bad attitudeOct 31, 2013 7:25:04 PM

Seriously? What a cowardly thing to do! Man up and work hard no matter who the pairing is with!!!

By: bad attitude
#7  by: idk   

I think the petition could work if enough people speak up. It's not fair to waste thousands of dollars to be with a house you won't even get along with

By: idk
by: ?Nov 1, 2013 1:53:14 AM

How do you know you wont get along with them if you dont even give them a try

By: ?
by: aNov 1, 2013 4:00:09 AM

you think delt or lambda chi is about to waste time and money to be with tri sig or axo? psssshhhhh

By: a
#8  by: ya   

no frats wanna do itt

By: ya
#9  by: petition   

Do people think the petition could actually work? I just looked. I can't believe it has 500 signatures...

By: petition
by: HmNov 2, 2013 10:45:11 AM

It better work! If they don't listen to the majority of Greeks, how fair is that?

By: Hm
#10  by: what if   

What if the fraternities who don't want to work on GW just don't participate? We were paired for hoco with one who worked really hard with us and one who couldn't care less. It made it harder on all of us. If some don't want to work on getting to know the houses they are paired with, that is truly sad, as each sorority has great girls who want to work hard and have fun doing it! Why not shake things up a bit?

By: what if

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.