facebook

no one, ever....

by: JustMe

No one, ever, needs to "defend" themselves or the decisions they have made in choosing a house. Why in the world would someone have to justify joining a house just because some bigmouth on this site says so? People join a house for all kinds of reasons, all of which are legitimate to the person herself. For someone else to question another's reasoning smacks of elitism, ignorance and more. Some people join a house because they immediately felt at home during rush. Some join because they have friends in that house from high school. Others join because their mothers or sisters were members. There are as many reasons as their are new members. Now, there are some people who think members of KD or AXO need to not only defend their decisions, but their house because of Average looking girls or less-than-stellar recruitments. Unless you are blind, you can find average looking girls in absolutely every sorority on this campus. And recruitment? How in the world does someone outside a sorority know what a house's goal was in recruitment? Sometimes they look for leadership, sometimes grades, sometimes musical ability or dance experience or whatever. But I can assure you, there is NO house on this campus, much less a top house, that has as its goal recruiting attractive girls exclusively. The best houses seek diversity and a range of talents in PNMs and if someone really thinks it is fair to judge a house on looks alone, they are not only superficial but ridiculously stupid.

Posted By: JustMe
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Guest   

You're referring to a post in the thread above I presume and this rant you've gone on just proves you're reading comprehension could use some work. I asked KD to defend why they're a "middle tier" house. I don't care why you joined any house, I assume it's because you liked the girls and that's perfectly fine! But houses like Theta/KKG/Delta/Chi-O can all back up why they're top tier and it's because they're consistently winning and placing. What can KD claim? They don't rush prettier girls. They don't place in grades. They don't win consistently. Sounds like bottom tier to me.

By: Guest
by: WaitOct 30, 2013 3:12:41 PM

...what has delta won/placed in recently?

By: Wait
by: DudeOct 30, 2013 3:27:36 PM

Nothing. But the reason Delta is top is because they're popular with frats and hot. That's their niche and every sorority on campus has one.

By: Dude
#2  by: No, not really   

No one has to defend anything, ever, especially not to someone as superficial as the original poster. To many of us, KD and AXO are middle tier based exclusively on the strength of their sisterhoods. But when you rate a sorority as top tier simply because their "hot," you probably wouldn't understand. So let's drop it, shall we? You are not the arbiter of quality in greek life at Mizzou. Perhaps if you cut back on the meds, you won't be quite so delusional.

By: No, not really
#3  by: HAHAHAHAHA   

Every house does have a niche. There are the pretty houses, the party houses, the smart houses, etc. But there is not a place in the mid tier for the "sisterhood house". If there was Phi Mu would get that any day over KD or Alpha chi. Advice to these two chapters: Shut your girls up. They look obsessed and desperate. Take your medicine and your spots in the bottom tier like all the houses you've attacked the past few years.

By: HAHAHAHAHA
#4  by: Come on   

Are you really saying there is just one "sisterhood" house? Mizzou is full of strong sisterhoods. It is part of what makes us the envy of Greek systems around the nation.

By: Come on
#5  by: ruff   

They apparently are trying anything. Sisterhood must be their new tactic. They can't claim winning, competitions, grades, pairings, or retention, since they COB just as much as other chapters. So now they're going with sisterhood. Sort of funny if you ask me.

By: ruff

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.