facebook

Updated sorority stereotypes

by: new2miz

Could I get an updated list of each sorority and their stereotype? Not "ranked", just how people view the house.

Posted By: new2miz
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

They all have plusses and minuses. It's a personal decision. Why in the world would you take anyone else's word for it? Go through recruitment; decide for yourself.

By: Well
#2  by: just saying   

i think you did a pretty good job, but i think you missed the mark on the selectivity of a few houses. some of the houses you considered “top” don’t even make the top 5 in grades.

By: just saying
by: whatttMay 13, 2020 11:51:49 PM

and what about theta???

By: whattt
#3  by: hiya   

Kappa Kappa Gamma: These are sweet girls to be around. They’re really in their own world sorta and know how to have a good time but also put a lot of love into wearing their letters. Their house is definitely confusing with the addition and kinda like DG’s seems too big for Greektown but it is what it is. They try hard for Greek Week which is really fun and are typically really good at what they set their minds to. Motivated and fun.

Kappa Delta: I don’t know many KD’s but they all seem so soft spoken and light hearted. They care about their sorority and always do women empowering things like free scrunchies or selling Girl Scout cookies which always makes every girl feel better on the walks to class. They’re kind and quiet is really all i can say.

Kappa Alpha Theta: Smart girls forsure. Really into doing well in school and giving everything they’ve got into their sorority. They’re nice, but I’ve met some girls who definitely think they’re better than others because of their academics.

Pi Beta Phi: These girls are really cool, if you ever get the chance to actually meet them. They’re exclusive to one another and really, after recruitment it seems like they fall off the face of the earth. No where to really be seen or found. But their recruitment is solid and they are selective. They hang out with a lot of Betas too from what Ive seen, if that means anything. They’re all nice and pretty..kinda remind me of the high school “it” girls who weren’t necessarily mean but knew who and what they were, even if it wasnt really relevant to others.

Phi Mu: the rep that this school has put on these girls is awful. They’re kind and cute. They’re kinda lowkey/quiet and it doesn’t seem like they’re heard much of, but I hate how everyone dismissed them so quick. I like the girls I’ve met in the house. Regardless of that girls twitter thread “exposing” them: every sorority has social media rules. It doesn’t excuse them but it’s also not the end of the world because most sororities here are like that anyway. It’s screwed, we know.

Tri Delta: I feel like the tridelt hype has gone wayyy down in the last couple of years. They’re super STL/KC based and it really is about connections to get in, but during recruitment I wasn’t really impressed. Their house chants...y’all. If you know, you know. But overall they have some nice girls who are really cool but it’s hard to come by any tridelt that doesn’t walk around basically embodying her sorority’s old stereotype of thinking she’s too good for others. Sorry. During Morgan Schlegal’s era, y’all were #1 forsure. After...? Hm. Debatable. Still pretty and all, but definitely not the best of the best.

Tri Sigma: New chapter-ish. They’re really sweet girls and honestly really funny too. Their house is also MASSIVE. take a good look and you’ll see it’s actually really long and tall, just not wide. Their philanthropy event is so adorable and it seems like they’re on the right path towards getting involved!

By: hiya
#4  by: hiya AGAIN   

Lol pt 3 ^

Sigma Kappa: These girls are nice from what I've seen/interacted with but really I don't know anyone who embodies their philanthropy more. These girls are #1 in raising money for their chapter (I think? #1 in something SK-nationwide regardless) and are always seen out raising money or awareness. Mason Ramsey visited them for crying out loud. I don't know many of them but they seem soft-spoken and like they care a lot about their involvement which should be appreciated more. Some of the girls seem a little flat, though. Like there's just not much to them.

Zeta Tau Alpha: This house seems really diverse. I've met a decent amount of them and been out before and if there's two things I can say, it's that they're really funny and they also go really hard. Forsure a good time and just flat out fun to kick it with. Their pledge classes are only getting better it seems like too. The diversity in the house can be confusing since most girls in a sorority are similar down to a T almost but I guess the diversity is good. They're typically always in girls' top two by the end of recruitment which shows something good about their recruitment too. Their philanthropy is really relatable and they do stuff with Miz athletics I think which is cool. I've heard they can sometimes be too wild and can definitely see why people say that. Their house is really pretty too.

Overall every house has its perks and has a good intent behind it: empowering women and supporting great causes. a lot of their values overlap and most of the girls I've met could easily be in two different houses because of the similarities. I say you should rush in the fall so that you really get a feel for what it's like and also a HUGE PSA: please don't take everything people say on here for word. I'm honestly sad you felt like you needed to come to Greekrank at all, but I still gave you my opinions because I feel like they're fair. Hope it all goes good!!!

By: hiya AGAIN
#5  by: lmao   

anyone notice how all the posts with negative stuff about Aphi is gone lol

By: lmao

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.