facebook

sorority hazing?

by: Outsider

What sororities haze here, and to what extent? Not in the Greek system but curious.

Posted By: Outsider
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: None   

No sororities haze here.

By: None
by: Nope Sep 13, 2013 12:01:58 AM

Dg, pi phi, chi o

By: Nope
#2  by: ya   

I know for sure DG last year and got in trouble for it. Most likely none will be hazing this year.

By: ya
#3  by: come on   

No sororities haze here. If they did they would no longer be on campus. Anyone who says otherwise is just jealous and is trying to cause problems. Besides, why doesn't someone not in the Greek system care anyway?

By: come on
#4  by: Dtop   

Girls, this is really intolerable. Ratting out other sororities based on hearsay? What kind of person are you to throw the entire Greek system under the bus just so that you can anonymously come off as in the know. Have you no shame? I can tell you that NO individuals in DG and PiPhi were punished for hazing because it didn't happen. And anyone who says it did is just trying to criticize the competition -- but what you REALLY are doing is giving the entire Greek system a black mark.

By: Dtop
#5  by: really   

one of my best friends is really close with an older girl who got removed from her chapter due to hazing allegations. True or untrue, a rumor still starts from something and although it shouldnt hinder anyones decision to rush, it is something people should be informed about. No one is getting put down, but facts are facts. And they are written on the mizzou greek life website.

By: really
#6  by: Stupid   

Yes, and my second-cousin-once-removed once heard that her boyfriend's sister's roommate didn't dress appropriately for formal dinner and was told to not do it again the next week. Why don't you provide that link to the website, Sweetie.

By: Stupid
by: lolzzzSep 14, 2013 12:34:44 PM

It is so embarrassing that the women in this particular chapter cannot accept responsibility for the actions of of their members and show greek town how far they've come since then, and how they are planning to bounce back. I feel so sorry for you because that would be the right way to handle a scandal as opposed to being catty, and trying to hide from greek town and from PNMs what everyone knows to be true. You're making yourself look 10 times as worse and its embarrassing.

www.greeklife.missouri.edu/greek-statistics/conduct/judic ial-summary/
here's your link, sweetie :) fall 2011.

By: lolzzz
#7  by: DG HAZE   

here is proof for DG hazing:

Delta Gamma
(Adminis
trative
Hearing)
M
-
Book Violation
Specifically:
3. Conduct that
threatens or endangers the
health and safety of others 4.
Compliance, and 11. Alcohol
at chapter house

Alcoholic Event Probation
: Chapter is prohibited from participating
in any alcoholic even
t during the Fall 2011 semester. They are also
limited to hosting or participating in two alcoholic events during the
Spring 2012 semester.

University Disciplinary Probation
: Ending on May 21, 2012.

Judicial Processing Fee
:
$250

Hazing Education Program
:
Must work with the Office of Greek Life
& National office to coordinate a chapter wide educational program
on Hazing Prevention. Attendance: minimum 80% general
membership

Compliance with National Sanctions
:
Must comply with all internal
sanctions hande
d down from the National Office.

Greek Week 2012
:
Chapter is prohibited from participating in Greek
Week 2012 activities

By: DG HAZE
#8  by: 'really   

I see nothing about PiPhi. And the infringement for DG was having alcohol in the house. Let's be honest. If every sorority were disciplined for that, there would be no sororities on campus.

By: 'really
by: ReallySep 14, 2013 4:02:56 PM

Did you read the above comment?? It directly states that dg had to have a hazing program in place because of the incident. And plus, if you actually go to the PDF on the site it says te main reason they got in trouble for was putting their members in danger for hazing. Nice try though, DG. You're not going to win this argument when it's sitting right there in black and white for the world to read. Stop the denial act. Everyone knows what happened.

By: Really
#9  by: GuessNot   

I see nothing about PiPhi either. Or ChiO. And the DG discipline was more than 2 years ago. So I guess it's true. No sororities haze at Mizzou.

By: GuessNot
#10  by: no.   

My sorority didn't haze, but I was also in a different group at Mizzou that was a little similar to a fraternity, and the hazing was something else. I've been to therapy a few times since. The mostly male non-greek members probably didn't help the cause. I obviously regret it now but it made me appreciate my sisters so much more.

By: no.

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.