facebook

cob question

by: tigers50

So a friend of mine who is a SK told me that they've already accepted 7 or so girl this semester through COB, but nothing has been posted to the Greek Life website about it. I know someone else posted about COBing and a commenter said that most houses won't publicly announce that they are accepting members, that you just have to know someone in the house. With that being said, can anyone (preferably a member of this house) tell me what the odds are of Theta COBing? Also, if Theta does have some spots and decides to COB, are they doing to make the announcement on the Greek Life website, or is going to be similar to what SK is doing now, and you just have to know someone in the house to put in a good word in? Unfortunately I don't know any Thetas that would be able to help me out. =/

Posted By: tigers50
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Luvmizzou   

Slim to none and Slim just left town . Theta does not COB. Not now not ever!

By: Luvmizzou
#2  by: wow   

LOVE the fact that SK was all over this site earlier saying that they would "never COB bc they had too many girls" omg what a joke!

and also - I don't think Theta has ever COBed. ever. not many top houses do. and why would you think theta would choose you to COB if you don't even know anyone?? IF they ever had to COB, they would be COBing close friends who didn't go greek. That's how most secret COBing works anyways.

By: wow
by: SKSep 9, 2013 9:48:50 PM

SK cob'd seven girls the day after bid day so they could reach average chapter size and they only cob'd friends of new members. There were no events and the spots were filled within twenty four hours of bid day. So SK will not be cob'ing this semester. As for Theta, I don't think they'll be cob'ing at all. Unless Theta didn't reach a full PC which is highly unlikely.

By: SK
by: :)Sep 13, 2013 12:30:35 AM

I'm not saying Theta would choose me, I was just asking a simple question. I went through formal recruitment all the way until the day before pref day (I had to drop for personal reasons that I had no choice in), but I still had Theta on my list and loved them. I can't help but wonder if i wasn't forced to withdraw if I would have gotten a bid, but unfortunately it's just one of those things I won't know. That is the only reason I asked.

By: :)
#3  by: in response to wow    

SK reached over quota, but with only two pledge classes so far, were allowed to over-recruit to reach average chapter size. So yeah nice try.

By: in response to wow
#4  by: Geez   

Here's a hint. Don't EVER set your sights on just one house; you are sure to have your heart broken. If you know so little about the Greek system and you don't even know one Theta, perhaps it would be in your best interest to visit a variety of houses that are COBing, or, if you are a freshman, go through rush next year. That's the best way to learn about the system and see where you might feel most comfortable.

By: Geez
by: :)Sep 13, 2013 12:32:17 AM

I never set my goals on one house, I simply asked a question that you read into a little bit too much. I went through formal recruitment, and unfortunately was forced to withdraw due to a situation that was out of my control. I dropped right before preference day, so I had a pretty good idea of which houses I loved and which weren't for me. Theta was not the only house I loved by any means, but I did really feel comfortable there. I also had them on my list every time, which is why I was curious. I know about the system, thanks though.

By: :)
#5  by: actually    

Theta is COBing this semester because they had such a low return rate during recruitment this year. They're keeping it verrrrrrry quiet and you probably have to know an active to get a bid.

By: actually
#6  by: Geez   

I guess someone was cut by Theta and has a vendetta. They are NOT COBing.

By: Geez
#7  by: ThetaCOB   

I am not a Theta, but my best friend is and she joined through COB. They only gave out bids to TWO girls during the COB process, and they were both girls that had many friends in Theta and that the theta girls were around often. My suggestion to you would be to get to know as many of those girls as you can. Look around your classes and see if any of them have their letters on their shirts, buttons on their backpacks, etc. Make friends and really get to know the girls. If you still love them (there's no reason why you shouldn't) and you become close with people in the house, let them know COB is something you are interested in. They may offer you a bid next semester, but it would be extremely low key. Good luck! :)

By: ThetaCOB
#8  by: nope   

Theta does not COB. Ever.

By: nope

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.